Falmouth Jamaica, Hilton Rose Hall vs Hyatt Zilari

We are looking at going to one of these to spend the day when we dock in Falmouth. Has anyone been to either or both and can give me their opinion. I've checked them both out online but would like some cruisers opinions relating food, drinks, pool, beaches, friendliness, etc,.

Thanks in advance.

We just returned from the Zilara in Rose Hall and loved every minute. I would love to do a day pass there.

There are mixed reviews but my husband and I both loved the food. There is a jerk shack with chicken and pork by the pool that is really good. A pizza type outdoors restaurant where you can pick up a slice or order a whole pizza or sandwiches etc. There is a buffet that has fresh food that is really good as well.

We were there during the week and it was very quiet. We always had a place to lounge by the pool or beach and you can rent a cabana if you like. The beach is very calm as most of it is protected and the water is clear.

We don't really drink so I can't comment on the drinks at all. I only drink wine and had to order a $35.00 bottle because I didn't want the house wine.

Everyone was very friendly and the service is great!

I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hilton Rose Hall over Veteran's Day and loved every minute of it. The food was good and the drinks were strong. Very similar food options to the Zilara it sounds like. They are doing construction but it was mostly on the hotel part, not the outdoor venues except for one area they are building something by the beach. It has a lazy river and a couple of slides that were all connected to the swim up bar which was awesome. Based on reviews I read when trying to plan my Jamaica trip, I don't think you can go wrong with either location.

We did a day pass for The Hilton. I believe it was about a 20-25 minute ride. Booked thru Resort for a Day. They provided nice AC bus both ways. Resort was wonderful. Had 3 kids, 7,9 and 11. They loved the lazy river pool. Food was good. Drinks were included and were also good. Only bad part was the beach. Sand was very rough, felt like crushed stone on bare feet. But since we did beach day in Labadee and Cozumel it was fine

We just returned from the Zilara in Rose Hall and loved every minute. I would love to do a day pass there.

There are mixed reviews but my husband and I both loved the food. There is a jerk shack with chicken and pork by the pool that is really good. A pizza type outdoors restaurant where you can pick up a slice or order a whole pizza or sandwiches etc. There is a buffet that has fresh food that is really good as well.

We were there during the week and it was very quiet. We always had a place to lounge by the pool or beach and you can rent a cabana if you like. The beach is very calm as most of it is protected and the water is clear.

We don't really drink so I can't comment on the drinks at all. I only drink wine and had to order a $35.00 bottle because I didn't want the house wine.

Everyone was very friendly and the service is great!

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hilton Rose Hall over Veteran's Day and loved every minute of it. The food was good and the drinks were strong. Very similar food options to the Zilara it sounds like. They are doing construction but it was mostly on the hotel part, not the outdoor venues except for one area they are building something by the beach. It has a lazy river and a couple of slides that were all connected to the swim up bar which was awesome. Based on reviews I read when trying to plan my Jamaica trip, I don't think you can go wrong with either location.

Thanx

This past February we took the RCL excursion to the Hilton Rose Hall and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was good, the drinks were very good. The grounds were incredible. The lazy river was very relaxing. I will definitely go back!

This past February we took the RCL excursion to the Hilton Rose Hall and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was good, the drinks were very good. The grounds were incredible. The lazy river was very relaxing. I will definitely go back!

How far from pier was it?