Fareviewer Shut Down?

G-off14

Has not been working the past few weeks, now says the following:

The page you're looking for is no longer available.

To see our current prices please go to carnival.com and search for your cruise.

If you're having trouble please call eSolutions at 800-845-2599 or 305-599-2600 ext 72599 if you are outside the US.

We are open from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM ET Monday through Sunday if you need assistance with seeing fares for your cruise.

John Heald, Carnival's Brand Ambassador, announce it will not be returning. The reason given was that it wasn't widely used.

I for one will miss it as I priced check often. Doing the mock booking is much more time consuming. You have to know the category of the offerings to compare accurately. For me that means opening an additional window with the deck plans to compare.

I wonder if this is the next step in price matching going away or at least being more limited?

John Heald, Carnival's Brand Ambassador, announce it will not be returning. The reason given was that it wasn't widely used.

I for one will miss it as I priced check often. Doing the mock booking is much more time consuming. You have to know the category of the offerings to compare accurately. For me that means opening an additional window with the deck plans to compare.

I wonder if this is the next step in price matching going away or at least being more limited?

Your last sentence is Probably correct! As far as "fare viewer " not getting used, it more likely got used too much for price drops.

Making it more difficult to check/compare prices will frustrate people.

I am disappointed as well. The mock bookings take considerably longer, especially with the current set up. I miss the old set up for booking as it was easy to see the prices for all the options quickly and efficiently. It's how I realized one cruise that balconies had dropped to $25 more than I had paid for my interior. Called Carnival, paid $25, and got our first balcony! Our friends, unfortunately, missed out as the next day the prices were right back up and they hadn't called... :(

I think the reason the killed it is rather obvious . Multiple price tracking sites used automation robots to pull pricing info. They day the tool quit working is when I noticed some of sites started having less up to date data for carnival's pricing. Apparently even adding Captcha couldn't stop the robots.