Hotel near Amsterdam Celebrity berth

barneymag

Hi All

We're on a 12 night Baltic cruise next year on Eclipse departing from Amsterdam. As we've never started a cruise from Amsterdam I wondered if anyone had recommendations of hotels near the departure berth for Celebrity cruises.

My wife has difficulty walking long distances after an illness last year and wanted to book a hotel as near the berth as possible.

I am sure I read somewhere that the Movenpick was right next to the cruise terminal but can't find confirmation if this is where Celebrity ships depart from ??

Appreciate it if anyone that has embarked in Amsterdam can confirm which hotels are closet to the cruise terminal/berth used by Celebrity

Thanks in advance

Hi,

We went out of Amsterdam on Silhouette, twice in the past year (the last time in September) We stayed at Movenpick which is one long block from the terminal entrance. No need for taxis and very easy to get in and out of the termina, and hopefully not too tiring for your wife.

You can easily roll your luggage to the terminal or Movenpick has a program where for a small fee you can have them take your luggage to the terminal for check in.

If you decide to stay at Movenpick, please know that you can get better pricing for the rooms on several big discount hotel sites than directly with the hotel or with Celebrity's precruise hotel package. If is very easy to arrange private transport from the Airport to whichever hotel you use or to take a shared shuttle service from the airport to the hotel.

The rooms are all fine, and you can usually get the breakfast buffet included in the price which is a very good assortment.

Have a great trip to the Baltics!

If you decide to stay more in the city as the Movenpick is not centrally located for sightseeing in Amsterdam, taxi/Uber is not very costly to the pier and will drop you off right at the check-in area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station last May before our Baltics cruise.- nice if you are there for a few days before and doing any city tours. Beautiful place and the view from the top floor restaurant / pub is great.

Jim

I love Amsterdam. I have been there 5 times and would go back. There are so many interesting places to see. Amsterdam has many nice places to stay. When I pick a hotel, I choose a location that is central and convenient to public transportation and places that I want to see. While the Movenpick is close to the dock, it is not convenient. I like staying close to Dam Square. Dam Square is very central. Tram lines cross there making it easy to get to most places. Dam Square is also a good place to find cafes, shops, and coffee shops. It is safe walking around the area anytime. The Swiss Hotel is excellent. Grand Krasnapolsky is also a good choice. I've stayed in both hotels and would stay there again. Buy a tram pass and enjoy the city. It's also a great city to walk or take a boat ride through the canals.