RCCL Cyber Monday computer issues messed up my reservation

AdamKnows

This morning I checked the reservation that I booked through Royal Caribbean's website last Monday. The cruise that I booked is in January so I paid it in full at the time of booking. When I checked my reservation this morning not only was my $100 OBC not showing, I was also showing a balance due for the cruise. When I spoke with the first level RCCL customer service rep this morning she told me that this is a known computer glitch from Monday. She said that she would have to charge me $30 more to add the OBC because the promotion couldn't be added back on. I almost blew a gasket. I asked to speak to a Manager and he quickly fixed the issue for me. He did tell me that they had a lot of computer issues on Monday.

If you booked a Cyber Monday deal you should take a look at your reservation to make sure you are getting what was promised.

... She said that she would have to charge me $30 more to add the OBC because the promotion couldn't be added back on. ...

I can't believe the reps are being made to say that to customers. Absurd.

Or is there method in the madness?

The website glitches are well known. The fact that they persist and that RCI doesn't seem to want to correct them borders on the sublimely ridiculous. Add in the inconsistencies one encounters when talking with RCI's reps.

Unless, of course, there's method in the madness. How else do you explain it all? Other companies would fix the website problems. Typically, call centers have support desks: if the frontline rep is unsure of application of fare rules, etc., they have back up. Granted, call center managers want the frontline rep to handle problems, but I sincerely doubt that RCI wants every caller to question the rep's answer/solution and ask to speak to a supervisor for verification.

One can only ask why?

... How else do you explain it all? ...

I think they are reluctant to fix an obvious problem that could be increasing their cash flow. They may have to get another letter from the Florida Attorney General before the fix rises in their priority list.

Not surprising at all. I've been dealing with reps at RCI for many years and have always had pleasant conversations and positive results. I'm sure you'll agree with that.

Just recently they're argumentative, calling the customer liars, and even hanging up. I've had all of the above happen. It seemed to have changed overnight. New call center maybe? I don't know.

Not surprising at all. I've been dealing with reps at RCI for many years and have always had pleasant conversations and positive results. I'm sure you'll agree with that.

Just recently they're argumentative, calling the customer liars, and even hanging up. I've had all of the above happen. It seemed to have changed overnight. New call center maybe? I don't know.

Wow, sounds like they are very unhappy with their jobs.

I think they are reluctant to fix an obvious problem that could be increasing their cash flow. They may have to get another letter from the Florida Attorney General before the fix rises in their priority list.

That's really too bad. I've been loyal to Royal but I may switch to another cruise line if they continue to be difficult do business with.

I also ran into issues with them on that day. They didn't send reservations booked online via email had to call to get them plus one of my reservation's all the discounts got removed including OBC which they had to fix. Luckily I got them to fix it that day but spent over 1 1/2 hour's on hold for them and they still didn't pick up, ended up getting the CAS department to fix it that night which picked up in about 5 minute's. They really do need to get their act together since this stuff isn't acceptable these day's. They want you to book online since it cost them less money but then it ends up costing them more with people having to call them to just fix stuff that online didn't do correctly.