Dream in January

xcruisedirector

Morning everyone,

So I will be heading out on the Dream in January and was wondering if anyone has any tips. We have an Aft facing Balcony and purchased the Cheers Package for first time as I am not wanting to worry about the bar tab lol. 11:30 check in time, is this strictly enforced. Any information would be great! Thanks

The check in times seem to be rigidly enforced at some ports and not so much at others. I have seen references to NOLA being one of those they do take it seriously. If you try earlier, I would suggest not going so much early that you will tire of sitting outside waiting for your appointed time. I can be cold even in NOLA! ;)

Yes, they enforce the check in times at New Orleans. If you show up before your check in time and don't have FTTF or status, you'll wait outside.

We did this cruise this January. Enjoy the trip down the river. I though it would just be a waste of time, but found it very enjoyable. Foggy and spooky. Visit a few of the voodoo shops in NO to get in the right mood :-).

The check in times seem to be rigidly enforced at some ports and not so much at others. I have seen references to NOLA being one of those they do take it seriously. If you try earlier, I would suggest not going so much early that you will tire of sitting outside waiting for your appointed time. I can be cold even in NOLA! ;)

Like today, It's 46, rainy and with the wind feels like 39. The only good thing is that usually you can wait under the canopy where the taxis drop off and pick up, so it's not like you're out IN the rain. I usually have a jacket and jeans to board in January and by the time you're halfway across the gulf, the temperature is nice enough to lose the jacket. Same coming back. You just never know. One January a few years ago we just missed an ice storm that had shut down the interstate.

Morning everyone,

So I will be heading out on the Dream in January and was wondering if anyone has any tips. We have an Aft facing Balcony and purchased the Cheers Package for first time as I am not wanting to worry about the bar tab lol. 11:30 check in time, is this strictly enforced. Any information would be great! Thanks

Yes it is enforced.