Formal nights on Meraviglia 5 night cruise

SquishTheWhale

Hi guys,

Sorry, I know dress code questions get asked a lot! But I've only cruise NCL which is obviously easier to know what to wear. We have a 5 night cruise next April on the Meraviglia out of Palermo, finishing in Genoa. I know all her cruises on this circuit are a bit funny as you can disembark and embark at any port. Is there any way to find out how many formal nights there will be, and which days? Shall we expect 1-2 in the 5 nights?

Should my husband wear a suit, or will chinos, a shirt/tie and tweed jacket be formal enough? That would make packing easier, as he can wear the chinos with short sleeve shirts on other nights.

I have a couple of nice dresses which I would wear to a wedding- will this be fine for me? I do also have long formal gowns but I don't want to go OTT if most of the other passengers won't be wearing them! :) I feel like MSC doesn't make this easy for you by having a dress code but then saying it is only 'suggested'.

Hi guys,

Sorry, I know dress code questions get asked a lot! But I've only cruise NCL which is obviously easier to know what to wear. We have a 5 night cruise next April on the Meraviglia out of Palermo, finishing in Genoa. I know all her cruises on this circuit are a bit funny as you can disembark and embark at any port. Is there any way to find out how many formal nights there will be, and which days? Shall we expect 1-2 in the 5 nights?

Should my husband wear a suit, or will chinos, a shirt/tie and tweed jacket be formal enough? That would make packing easier, as he can wear the chinos with short sleeve shirts on other nights.

I have a couple of nice dresses which I would wear to a wedding- will this be fine for me? I do also have long formal gowns but I don't want to go OTT if most of the other passengers won't be wearing them! :) I feel like MSC doesn't make this easy for you by having a dress code but then saying it is only 'suggested'.

The formal nights on the present itinerary are:-

Tuesday Messina

and

Thursday Day at Sea

So you could have either 1 or 2 "Elegant" nights depending on where you embark and disembark.

PETE

Hi guys,

He can wear what he wants.

I have a couple of nice dresses which I would wear to a wedding- will this be fine for me? I do also have long formal gowns but I don't want to go OTT if most of the other passengers won't be wearing them! :)

Chinos for your DH would be just fine, Squish, and so would the dresses you'd wear to a wedding, especially if packing is a consideration. I personally wouldn't wear a long formal gown unless my DH was wearing a suit or tux (but that's just me).