How can i find out the date of the formal Night? Navigator 5 Night costa maya cozumel

GermanBoy1

hi,

We are going on the navigator for the 5 Night Cruise to costa maya and cozumel from 28 january-2nd February.

How can i find out the Date of the formal Night because of Restaurant reservations?

Does the formal Code Apply for speciality dining Aswell?

We Like to dress up, but Smoking and tie is too much :)

Thanks for advice!

hi,

We are going on the navigator for the 5 Night Cruise to costa maya and cozumel from 28 january-2nd February.

How can i find out the Date of the formal Night because of Restaurant reservations?

Does the formal Code Apply for speciality dining Aswell?

We Like to dress up, but Smoking and tie is too much :)

Thanks for advice!

It will definitely be Night #2.

No, specialty restaurants are always "smart casual", although you are welcome to dress formally. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This will be our first cruise on Royal, wondering what the dress code is on formal night, would we be ok in a semi formal wear? Like a nice sin dress for myself and pants with a button down shirt for the boys?

Dress suggestions are not enforced, so you will see the full range of attire. Wear what you want.

It would usually be night 2, but we don't know for sure yet as no one has posted any Cruise Compasses from that itinerary for this season.

iahawkfan21 posted the Cruise Compasses during our Nov 19th 5-night cruise on Navigator, same itinerary (Costa Maya & Cozumel). Formal night was indeed on Day 2.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2565439

This will be our first cruise on Royal, wondering what the dress code is on formal night, would we be ok in a semi formal wear? Like a nice sin dress for myself and pants with a button down shirt for the boys?

Yes it’s range of wear partciualry on cruises less than 7 days.

It would usually be night 2, but we don't know for sure yet as no one has posted any Cruise Compasses from that itinerary for this season.

Bob, I thought I posted the ones from our b2b last month. I went back and checked my photos on my phone and formal night was night 2. I will actually try and re-upload just the cruise compasses when I get home this afternoon.