Chops Grille lunch question

Kanebaby

Thinking about having Chops for lunch one day. Question. Can you get anything off the menu? If we wanted 2 sides or two appetizers can we do that? My Mom doesn't really like to pay extra for food on a cruise but sometimes i like to splurge.

Thinking about having Chops for lunch one day. Question. Can you get anything off the menu? If we wanted 2 sides or two appetizers can we do that? My Mom doesn't really like to pay extra for food on a cruise but sometimes i like to splurge.

Only one entree included, but multiple appetizers and desserts are fine.

We really enjoyed chops on cruise 2 weeks ago on navigator, had lunch there 4 times , this was a free perk for suites and 19 per person if not, 8 ounce filet migon was excellent , wife also had salmon a couple of times, deserts and appetizers were also good , service was excellent since it was not as crowded as dinner, would have paid for this if it was not a perk.

Chops - Lunch Menu

APPETIZERS

• WILD MUSHROOM SOUP
    Scented with white truffle oil, chives
  • COLOSSAL SHRIMP COCKTAIL
    Horseradish cocktail sauce, lemon
  • CHARRED BEEF CARPACCIO
    Rare charred beef, Parmesan cheese, arugula, truffle mustard dressing
  • THE WEDGE
    Iceberg lettuce, blue cheese, smoked bacon

ENTRÉES

• ANGUS FILET MIGNON 8 OZ
  • ROASTED ORGANIC HALF CHICKEN
    Truffled chicken jus
  • SCOTTISH SALMON STEAK
    Whole grain mustard sauce
  • CHOPS DRY AGED STEAK BURGER
    Brioche bun, melted Gruyère, smoked bacon
  • NY STEAK SALAD
    Beefsteak tomatoes, red onions, spinach, crumbled blue cheese, balsamic vinaigrette
  • CAESAR
    Romaine, Reggiano cheese, creamy Caesar dressing With your choice of Grilled Chicken, Filet Mignon or Shrimp

SIDES

• GRUYÈRE CHEESE TATER TOTS
  • GRILLED JUMBO ASPARAGUS
  • FRENCH FRIES
  • MASHED POTATOES
  • MAC & CHEESE

Doesn't list desserts

Gary, what ship had that menu?

We were on Independence last month...same menu. That was the best meal of the cruise, and so worth every penny. A real value. Ordered the wedge salad and have been craving it ever since. Tried to recreate it at home and came close, but not exact. Had the tenderloin and each of us ordered 2 sides. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend lunch at Chops!

We were on Independence last month...same menu. That was the best meal of the cruise, and so worth every penny. A real value. Ordered the wedge salad and have been craving it ever since. Tried to recreate it at home and came close, but not exact. Had the tenderloin and each of us ordered 2 sides. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend lunch at Chops!

Thanks for the update.

We are sailing Liberty in April and like to try to avoid the buffet on embarkation day, if possible. Is Chops open for lunch at embarkation? Are there other options for lunch (we are willing to pay)?

Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, and possibly Johnny Rockets.

We are sailing Liberty in April and like to try to avoid the buffet on embarkation day, if possible. Is Chops open for lunch at embarkation? Are there other options for lunch (we are willing to pay)?

Check cruise planner, it was open on Navigator on embarkation day 2 weeks ago

I just checked my cruise planner for the Allure and Chops is only open for lunch on sea days. But as previously mentioned, there are various other options besides the windjammer that are open on embarkation day ... Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, etc.

If I'm not mistaken, they give you a handout during check-in at the terminal that has a list of lunch options.

• 1 month later...

I would like to know the difference in prices for lunch and dinner? Also, one of the perks of eating at the complimentary restaurants is that if you don't finish or plate, no big deal. With the specialty dining, if you don't finish your plate, can you get a to go box? If not, what if we brought one with us? Asking because my mother had gastric bypass and she eats small amounts about every 2 or 3 hours. If we are paying extra, don't want it to go to waste. Also, I think elderly people eat less for some reason.