Travel Insurance

digby

Hi, when Ren went out of business, not only had Stu and I paid in full for a cruise ourselves but I had about 200 people booked (at the time I was alone in business and only booked Ren) and every single one of them were paid and got their money back..in fact I am sure some of them are still on the boards ..Amex was the easiest to deal with, then Master Card and Visa..Discover was difficult but we did finally get the clients money back..where we had the trouble was with foreign bank cards..that is why 1) Dont EVER pay any cruise line with cash and 2) dont use credit cards from foreign banks..

In addition some of the cruises had been bought and paid for a year in advance as Ren made you pay up front for a $500 discount..I dont think the policies of Amex have changed..at least I havent heard they have..there was a clause if you didnt receive the merchandise, you didnt have to pay and that included cruises where the companies went out before you cruised.

Jan

I'm one of the folks Jan had booked on Ren at the time of the bankruptcy. AMEX had my full refund back to me in weeks. I don't even remember contacting Jan for help. AMEX was a pleasure to deal with, not only on this but on other (what could have been difficult) occasions.

Beatrice

Gold cards do have insurance coverage at no cost but you should check with issuer. Amounts of coverage may not be sufficient ie $2000. maximum for principal card holder and they may have age restrictions whereby insurance coverage is not avaiable for travel. Cedit card issuer may sell optional coverage to top up for your needs.

Check issuer and make certain you have coverage for your trip.

Archived