China Visa for April 17 Statendam

hgatsawgrs

When should we aply for a china visa for this trip? Also should it be for single entry or multiple visits since the cruise stops in 3 or 4 ports.? The answers I get from HAL and Zierer are different depending on who I talk to . Can someone provide guidance please!

When should we aply for a china visa for this trip? Also should it be for single entry or multiple visits since the cruise stops in 3 or 4 ports.? The answers I get from HAL and Zierer are different depending on who I talk to . Can someone provide guidance please!

I went through the different answer thing with Princess and Zierer, so I know the feeling.

I just returned from a month long trip to China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. I hope I can shed some light on your problem. Multiple entry visa is required if you enter China (by any transport method), then go to another foreign country and re enter China. Example for cruise itinerary: Board ship in Bangkok. North through Vietnam, etc. First China entry-Shanghai. Then port stop in South Korea. Next entry to China-Beijing (Tianjin) to disembark ship. However, you will only need single entry if you stop in Shanghai and then on to Beijing, without the foreign port stop in South Korea or Japan or someplace else.

As for the actual issuance of the visa-90 days pre entry into China. If you have a multiple entry visa, both entries must be made within 180 days. Here is a link to very good information. http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

Zierer is pretty heavy on the fees for processing. I do not know where you are located, but if you are close to a Chinese consulate or embassy, process your own. Information is on the website in the link I posted. Also, there are a wealth of Chinese visa processors in the Monterey Park-Alhambra California area with much cheaper fees than Zierer. If you need a few names, you may email-greatam@earthlink.net

Enjoy your cruise. Be prepared for the air pollution in China. It is VERY VERY bad. And I was born and raised in Los Angeles.

really appreciate the info. we are happily close to SF so we can go in person to get the Visa. If I'm reading the info correctly...we need a single entry, as our cruise first stops in Dailan, then the port for Bejing, then Shanghai then Hong Kong. So no foreign stops in between the China Stops. Am I reading this correctly?

I plan to take face masks for pollution control...and lots of hand sanitizer/toilet wipes etc...and hep a/b/flu and tetanus shots. Should be ok:rolleyes:

Archived