Attention: TAKE the bus. 2 min walk from boat. EASY

reefshoe

Trish - We just booked Jolly Pirates and in our confirmation email she said the bus is $1.20 per person and they take US dollars. She also said it was very close to the dock. Think we might try this option instead of cab in January.

Myself and my DW were in Aruba on November 23. The bus station is very easy to find (see reefshoe's post for directions)and it does cost $2.00US per person for a return trip to Eagle and Palm Beach. We paid the driver in US funds. You ask for a return ticket and they give you a slip to present on your return trip. Bus 10 will take you there. We found this information on the cc boards and decided to try it. It worked out great and much cheaper than a cab.

Myself and my DW were in Aruba on November 23. The bus station is very easy to find (see reefshoe's post for directions)and it does cost $2.00US per person for a return trip to Eagle and Palm Beach. We paid the driver in US funds. You ask for a return ticket and they give you a slip to present on your return trip. Bus 10 will take you there. We found this information on the cc boards and decided to try it. It worked out great and much cheaper than a cab.

Thanks so much for the info. Which beach did you go to and did the feedback from fellow passengers indicate you picked the best one? Some of the postings say Eagle Beach is best and some say Palm Beach is best. Do they charge you for a beach chair or any cost to use the facilities? Did you wear your swim suits or change at the beach? I see you basically like RCCL and do you have a favorite ship? We are booked on the Freedom of the Seas on the 10/15 sailing next year and are so looking forward to it. We basically always sail on Celebrity but did take the Splendor of the Seas on one cruise and enjoyed it. Thanks again for info. Trish Barnes

Trish - We have only gone to Palm Beach, which is where all the hotels are. You can walk through the hotels to get to the beach. The hotels will charge you for a chair if you are not a guest. It is a beautiful beach. Maybe someone else can give you info on Eagle Beach.

Mary

Trish - We went to Palm Beach since we wanted to try parasailing and the information we received from the Boards and some Aruba sites indicated that Palm was the best place to go to parasail. We did parasail and it was fantastic. We did not go to Eagle but passed it on the way to and from and it did not seem to be as conjested as Palm. We had also heard that Eagle is more European style if you get my meaning;) not that this influenced our decision.

We traveled in shorts and they have change rooms/washrooms at the beach. The parasailing vendor also told us that some of the hotels allow you into their washrooms to change. We did not ask about the chairs since the parasailing vendor allowed us to use his once we negotiated the deal.

We do like RCCL however our repeat with them on the VOS was due to the great deal we got. We do not have a faviroite ship and we take each cruise for what it is ... a great time :) . When we find a deal we research the ship and ports and then go with an open mind. When looking at the ships we have been on, the royal promenade on the RCCL voyager class ships is a site to behold while the pool selection on the Caribbean Princess far exceeded any other ship we have been on but NCL really knows how to deliver the freestyle cruising concept. (This of course is our opinion only).

I have been watching the construction of the Freedom of the Seas through the CC newsletter. The whirlpools/hot tubs that jut out from the side should be amazing. I am sure you will have a great time.

I see that you have done the Mexican Riveria on the Mercury. That is our next cruise. Any Information/pictures you would like to share on the ship or ports would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

K (Keith) of K&D(Debbie)

Archived