Seabourn Odyssey

aklarsen

Debating on taking a Seabourn cruise, but I would like to know how the nightly entertainment compares to Regen. Not just in regards to shows, but after shows. Is there dancing, clubs, live bands?

This would be a Caribbean itinerary.

Any insight would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there dancing, clubs, live bands?

Yes, yes, and yes.

I have not sailed Regent so I have no basis for comparison but Seabourn has two venues that stay open late into the evening (The Club and the Observation Bar).

The Observation Bar typically has a pianist in the evenings which can vary from more sedate piano music to quite lively (they tend to follow the crowd in that regard).

The Club will have a mix of live music and recorded music. (Typical live has included a guitarist/singer, a duo/trio, and the band with a vocalist... sometimes also the band with some of the performer cast or cruise director/assistant singing.) Usually recorded will be when the band is otherwise occupied (down in the Grand Salon for a show) or has the rare night off. But there is a dance floor in The Club and on most nights, you will see people on it.

How lively either venue gets is largely a byproduct of both the passengers onboard and the itinerary. On active itineraries with early morning port calls and heavy touring, the evenings tend to be a bit more sedate. On the nights before sea days, on transatlantics, and on more leisurely itineraries (i.e. Caribbean), it can be lively and run late.

In my earlier days of cruising on Seabourn, I was critical of them rolling up the carpet early and trying to play sleepy time music after midnight to get people to bed. On my more recent sailings, I've gone to bed long before the party was over.

I've also been onboard twice for Halloween and those have been FUN parties! We'll be on for New Years Eve this year and I'm looking forward to a fun evening counting down.