Golden Princess PS Suite Baja 11 # B749 ? / And "Sugar Train" St. Kits ?

STUR

Has Any One Had This Cabin On The Golden

PS Suite Baja 11 #B749

How Was It?:)

We Are Booked To Leave On The Golden January 14th Out Of San Jaun

This Will Be The First Time To Stay Aft At The Veary Rear (Should Have A Great View):)

Also Has Any one Done The "Sugar Train" In St. Kits ?

We were not on the back of the ship before but have been in the past. It is very very nice.

I would suggest renting a cab alone or with a group and taking a tour of the entire island and not half a tour. The train didn't see as much as we got to see from the cab and the cab stopped at the fort, the black rocks, and a couple of other places. One place that was really pretty was a tropical garden. Great views. You can't get there from the train.

If you get off the ship early (around 9:00) you have plenty of time to do the entire island. Half of the island doesn't take you to all of the places and it's not that much more $$. We took a private tour with a cab driver and total for 2 was 80. We tipped him 20 because he was so nice and talked the entire time about the island. It's much less if you go with a group.

Make sure the cab driver has air conditioning before you agree to get in.

Full island tour- 3 or 3.5 hours

Half- about 1.5 to 2

Showdog / Flycruise Guy Thanks For Your Replys Anly Afew Days Left And Off To San Juan

Showdog We Have Already Booked The Sugar Train 8:00am To 11:30 Am The Golden Leaves Port At3:00 Pm May We Will Be Able To Take The 1.5 Hr. Tour After We Are Finished With The Train

I Hapen To Be A Train Buf I Play With Toy Trains As A Hobbyflycruise

Flycruiseguy And Showdog

Anything Els About The Golden You Can Tel Me ?

Stur Dayton,ohio

Stur

I'm curious to know how far out you booked this cruise in order to get an aft cabin. I'd love to get an aft cabin on a cruise of the Baltics either in 06 or 07. Did you book with Princess or with a travel agent?

Thanks!

POETRYLADY

ALMOST A YEAR AGO WE BOOKED IT ON FEBRUARY 25TH ,2005 FOR JANUARY 14TH 2006

ALL DELUX CABINS AND SUITES ARE HARD TO COME BY (I WAS VARY MUCH SURPRISED BECAUSE OF THE PRICE YOU WOULD THINK THE LESS EXPENSIVE CABINS WOULD GO FIRST)

I DO HAVE A GOOD TA THAT ALWAYS WORK'S WITH ME AS TO THE COST

ONLY A A FEW DAYS LEFT AND WE ARE ON OUR WAY

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Thanks Stur. That's just the kind of info I was wanting.

Maybe if we book now, for the spring of 07 for our Baltics cruise we can get one of those desirable aft cabins.

POETRY LADY

STAY IN TOUCH AFTER WE GET BACK JANUARY 21 BY E-MAIL STUR2@WOH.RR.COM

WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW WE LIKED THE CABIN

REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS RESERVE AND CANCLE WITH NO PENALTY THEY SEND BACK YOUR DEPOSIT

LAST YEAR WILE ON THE JEWEL OF THE SEE RCCL WE BOOKED ON RCCL A CRUISE LIKE THE ONE WE ARE GOINING ON

THERE WERE THINGS WE THOUGHT RCCL CUT BACK ON AFTER TAKING THE CRUIS WE CANCLED AND RE BOOKED WITH PRINCESS THROUGH OUR TA IN FL.

I WILL SEND YOU HER INFO AFTER WE GET BACK OR B/4 IF YOU WONT CONTACT ME VIE E-MAIL

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

If you enjoy trains then it will probably be very nice for you to take this tour. You do get to see a good bit of the island from the train. We followed the train tracks on a lot of our cab tour around the first half of the island.

I would not take a cab tour after the train tour though for an hour or so. It's not worth it. You'll see enough of the island on the train and then still have time to shop a little next to the cruise ship port for t-shirts etc....

There may be many local people from San Juan on your ship when you sail. They seem to be giving great deals for 399 for the entire cabin (not pp) to people from San Juan. The reason I mention this is because a lot of the entertainment onboard and anouncements were in Spanish and Latin dancing etc...

It didn't bother us at all but to some people we talked to it did when we were leaving San Juan at the airport.

There are duty free shops at the port terminal in San Juan that they were allowing you to carry on liquor in your carry bag.

They used to take this from you but they didn't on our trip. I'm sure if you flaunted it they would take it from you. They didn't say a word for some strange reason to anyone taking it onboard in the bags. One lady had a shopping cart full of it. Asti Spumanti was only 5.95 there. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. We bought that as you are always allowed to bring wine and champagne.

Also, the prices on liquor were much better in the airport of San Juan than at ANY port or on the ship. Bailey's was 15 per bottle at the airport and 17.95 on the ship. Wait until you get to the airport when you go home if you're going to purchase anything that you can't get special on the islands.

Stur, I wrote down your email address and will put it in my hotmail mailbox.

Re: the train.. I don't think we would opt to do that tour, but the taxi tour does sound nice. We want to see the big fort, Brimstone Hill. For me, the view and photo ops, for DH, the cannons!! I also plan to do some shopping near the ship dock area.

We leave for San Juan in one week!! I can't wait to escape the snow here.

we took the Rain Forest hike (not the all day volcano) yesterday and it turned out much better than expected, thanks to our driver/guide Winston. It goes to the Romney gardens (former plantation and batik studio) where the trail goes into a national (?) rain forest. You actually cross some of the tracks there, a tiny -- maybe 10-20 foot narrow gauge bridge plus some funny signage ("No Gates" warning sign) Apparently this part of the line is abandoned. Got back at 1 pm so another 90 minutes for shopping though town is very busy right now.

Archived