Anyone use Leeward Island Charters?

Sistersinlaw

Hi,

We will be in port on Jan 3rd from 8 to 5pm. We want to do a catamaran snorkel/beach day (Nevis). Leeward Island Charters has a full day trip available that day, getting back to port at 4pm. I am nervous about booking them due to only the 1 hour between arriving back at port and ship departure. Is this too tight? We've never been to St. Kitts so am not sure of the lay of the land there.

I did the Leeward Islands trip to Nevis through Celebrity a few weeks ago. It was great. Drinks and lunch were good, staff could not have been more helpful and fun. We sailed most of the way back to St Kitts.

I have also done the same run with Blue Water Safari, their competition. They each contract with different cruise lines, I guess. Last time I was with them was last Jan, and I was on Royal Caribbean.

Here was the noticeable difference this time: at our beach stop in Nevis, the Blue Water cats got there ahead of us, so left before us. Those people had to wade through chest high water to reboard the Blue Water cats. They were not happy, and it looked a little scary, carrying bags and towels on their heads.

Our Leeward Islands cat was able to pull closer to shore, water was knee deep, if that, so very easy to go up the ladder.

Something to consider when choosing a company to go to Nevis with, if mobility is a bit of a concern.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on Leeward Island tours many times. This has always been a highlight of our vacation! Today heard back that the full day catamaran sail from st kitts to Nevis is no longer available. They are now offering shorter trips thru cruise lines. I'm now unsure what to do..sad.