NCL Star - mini suites on floor 11. noisy?

cruiser123!

Greetings.

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the NCL Star. My options for my family of 4 would be on floor 11 in the mini suites (either cat MA or MB). Based on the floor plan, the pools and cafes are above. Do the rooms on 11 tend to be noisy? i'm concerned we'd hear chairs moving around during clean up or late night snacking

Unfortunately balconies seem to not be an option for 4 and we can't justify the cost of a full on suite at this point.

thanks for any info you may have

You can get noise, so you have to pick carefully.

There are some fairy safe places to pick. I would avoid those directly below the pool area.

If you can get one towards the front then you cave cabins above you, so would be fine.

Those below the buffet are less clear. I’ve never stayed in them, but the feedback seems to be that below the rating area is ok, but you don’t want to be below the galley. I’m trying to remember the layout of the buffet on the Star, but I think it’s one with the seating areas all round the central serving area, so you should be ok in a mini suite there.

The forward ones below other rooms is safest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get noise, so you have to pick carefully.

There are some fairy safe places to pick. I would avoid those directly below the pool area.

If you can get one towards the front then you cave cabins above you, so would be fine.

Those below the buffet are less clear. I’ve never stayed in them, but the feedback seems to be that below the rating area is ok, but you don’t want to be below the galley. I’m trying to remember the layout of the buffet on the Star, but I think it’s one with the seating areas all round the central serving area, so you should be ok in a mini suite there.

The forward ones below other rooms is safest though.

thanks! I'll see what i can find in the front.

We have been below the buffet before, and the only noise we heard was a "tap, tap, tap" across the ceiling when someone in high heels walked through the buffet. Otherwise, it was fairly quiet. However, beware of the rooms below the teen club. Others in our group had a room there, and had to listen to loud, thumping music and stomping teenagers well into the wee hours of the morning when they had a late night dance party. Avoid!

Greetings

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the NCL Star. My options for my family of 4 would be on floor 11 in the mini suites (either cat MA or MB). Based on the floor plan, the pools and cafes are above. Do the rooms on 11 tend to be noisy? i'm concerned we'd hear chairs moving around during clean up or late night snacking

Unfortunately balconies seem to not be an option for 4 and we can't justify the cost of a full on suite at this point.

thanks for any info you may have

While I hate to generalize, we had one of those rooms on a western Caribbean and had no problems.

We have been below the buffet before, and the only noise we heard was a "tap, tap, tap" across the ceiling when someone in high heels walked through the buffet. Otherwise, it was fairly quiet. However, beware of the rooms below the teen club. Others in our group had a room there, and had to listen to loud, thumping music and stomping teenagers well into the wee hours of the morning when they had a late night dance party. Avoid!

I’d forgotten there was the teen club on deck 12 on the Star. Yes, that is certainly one to avoid.