regal patters 7 day eastern caribbean?

luckyinpa

leaving in 2 weeks and i'm sure things are different from the canada trip in october and would appreciate if anyone has them. this was a last minute booking with little time to plan things out. just saw on schedule 2 formal nights for a 7 day ?

That's true.

I don't have patters for the Regal.

We just got back and I have all the patters. There are two formal nights, the first is on the third night and the second is on the 6th night. There were 3 production shows, Sweet Soul Music (I did not see it), Fiera (second time I saw it - very good) and Born to Dance. Born to Dance is the second in installment of the Stephen Schwartz shows. I may be the only one but I was not that impressed.

I'm not sure what else you would like to know so feel free to ask questions.

Are you going to St. Maarten? We went to Antigua as St. Maarten was not yet open. I understand it is open now.

thanks thats the kind of stuff i was looking for. for the canada trip we did virtually no entertainment so i figured on a 7 day, there would be more to see.

st maarten and st thomas are our stops.

how far before your trip began were you notified of antigua? id like to assume if they havent changed it by now that they arent for us. i have so little time to play anything in 2 weeks and do the research that id hate to waste time researching maarten and then switch ports.

how long are the 3 production shows you mentioned? i'm assuming not full length things like i've seen on NCL (2 hours rock of ages and 1 hour burn the floor)

thanks thats the kind of stuff i was looking for. for the canada trip we did virtually no entertainment so i figured on a 7 day, there would be more to see.

st maarten and st thomas are our stops.

how far before your trip began were you notified of antigua? id like to assume if they havent changed it by now that they arent for us. i have so little time to play anything in 2 weeks and do the research that id hate to waste time researching maarten and then switch ports.

how long are the 3 production shows you mentioned? i'm assuming not full length things like i've seen on NCL (2 hours rock of ages and 1 hour burn the floor)

Our cruise was December 10th and we found out about the change at the end of September. I think you are safe.

I only went to 2 of the three shows. They lasted somewhere between a half hour and 45 minutes. I'm not sure of the exact times but definitely not an hour. I assume the third show was a similar amount of time.

We just got back and I have all the patters. There are two formal nights, the first is on the third night and the second is on the 6th night. There were 3 production shows, Sweet Soul Music (I did not see it), Fiera (second time I saw it - very good) and Born to Dance. Born to Dance is the second in installment of the Stephen Schwartz shows. I may be the only one but I was not that impressed.

I'm not sure what else you would like to know so feel free to ask questions.

Are you going to St. Maarten? We went to Antigua as St. Maarten was not yet open. I understand it is open now.

We are going to St. Maarten...and St. Thomas leaving FLL on Jan 21....This is our 4th trip to these islands expecting lots of palm trees with no palms. I have read the roads on these islands are still not in very good repair. Others say not to eat off the boat because of tainted water on the islands. Anyone have any input?

We are going to St. Maarten...and St. Thomas leaving FLL on Jan 21....This is our 4th trip to these islands expecting lots of palm trees with no palms. I have read the roads on these islands are still not in very good repair. Others say not to eat off the boat because of tainted water on the islands. Anyone have any input?

No problem. Pack a lunch from the ship & you won't have any worries.

ive never been to these ports but in other ports i've been in , fellow CCers are adamant that no food is allowed off the ship

Most people don't even bother to pay attention to what the ship says is OK of not. In this case St Martin doesn't disallow food while St Thomas states that food is not allowed (although in my experience they have NEVER checked in all my trips)

Check you patter & listen to the announcement in the morning.

that 'pack a lunch' post was the basis for my thread about taking food and drinks on and off the ship. should have known better after now reviewing:cool:

We generally do not eat off the ship anyway...I would just like to know about the condition of the ports? We are sailing Jan. 21

We were in St. Thomas December 13th. Took a cab to Sapphire Beach. Much of the island is in recovery. A lot of the greenery has regrown, though expect to see street signs and several trees uprooted, roofs crumbled, general debris piles, lots of damaged vehicles sort of corralled in makeshift junkyards here and there. Lowland areas still had some flooding...several spots where bridges were washed out and were being rebuilt. There were power crews (from New York) working on power lines across the island.

The roads were clear, Sapphire Beach had some mild debris but for the most part was clean and very enjoyable for us. The beach bar there is open and serving food/drinks.

We did go downtown which I would say is 95-98% back to normal in my opinion. Everyone there has power and most of the stores are open. We ate and drank at two places downtown with no issues. One of the restaurant owners we talked to said they finally got power restored to their house the beginning of December. Everyone was in good spirits and thankful to have us there spending money.

As mentioned, we did not got to St. Maarten but I would expect the same or worse than St. Thomas. Antigua was untouched from what I could tell.

thanks for the st thomas report. if i recall from another post there's a 4 dollar shuttle to get downtown? thats probably just what we will do. go down look at shops/lunch then back and enjoy the ship.

any eating recommendations?

ive never researched sapphire beach. beside food/drinks at the bar can i assume restrooms and at least outside shower to get rid of the sand?

thanks for the st thomas report. if i recall from another post there's a 4 dollar shuttle to get downtown? thats probably just what we will do. go down look at shops/lunch then back and enjoy the ship.

any eating recommendations?

ive never researched sapphire beach. beside food/drinks at the bar can i assume restrooms and at least outside shower to get rid of the sand?

Pretty sure cab is $4/person downtown ( was $10pp to get to Sapphire). Sapphire beach has bathrooms (although they could use some serious upkeep) and there is a changing room and outdoor rinse/shower to get the sand off.

Greengos downtown is a great place to eat if you like mexican / caribbean and margaritas. Also grabbed a bucket of beer at Side Street Pub to use Wi-fi (they also have food and are famous for their wings... which were sold out when we got there around 3pm). Talked with the owner and his daughter, nice people and gave us good insight into how things were going since the hurricanes.

ok thanks. so can you guesstimate how much there is to look at downtown for us tourist types? :) is it a few blocks. or get my horse out and ride kind of distance?

any comparisons to bermuda or nassau would be very relevant for me

Edited by luckyinpa

ok thanks. so can you guesstimate how much there is to look at downtown for us tourist types? :) is it a few blocks. or get my horse out and ride kind of distance?

any comparisons to bermuda or nassau would be very relevant for me[/quo

No need for a horse. Very easy to walk the few blocks to see everything. ( Jewelry stores ):)