Keeping kosher on Celebrity - lots of questions - what is the latest info?

pobds

We are cruising on Celebrity Silhouette in February and are wondering who is the current provider of the frozen Kosher meals? Is it Sterling or Weberman? Is it possible to get a menu in advance of sailing? Is the food edible? Which are the best selections?

Breakfast - some former cruisers have told us that the breakfast chef opened a new pan and spatula to make fresh eggs for kosher travelers. Can anyone confirm that this happens regularly?

Fridge- We have a 1B balcony cabin. Will we have a fridge and can we bring packaged kosher items like cheese? Chumus? Halva? etc.???

Wine- Does anyone know what kosher wines are available on Celebrity?

Ice Cream- we've heard that the soft ice cream is kosher (OU-D) and so are the cones. Can anyone confirm?

Any other updated info you can share?

We've cruised many times before we began keeping kosher. This is our first cruise as kosher diners and we are nervous!

Thanks!

We are cruising on Celebrity Silhouette in February and are wondering who is the current provider of the frozen Kosher meals? Is it Sterling or Weberman? Is it possible to get a menu in advance of sailing? Is the food edible? Which are the best selections?

Breakfast - some former cruisers have told us that the breakfast chef opened a new pan and spatula to make fresh eggs for kosher travelers. Can anyone confirm that this happens regularly?

Fridge- We have a 1B balcony cabin. Will we have a fridge and can we bring packaged kosher items like cheese? Chumus? Halva? etc.???

Wine- Does anyone know what kosher wines are available on Celebrity?

Ice Cream- we've heard that the soft ice cream is kosher (OU-D) and so are the cones. Can anyone confirm?

Any other updated info you can share?

We've cruised many times before we began keeping kosher. This is our first cruise as kosher diners and we are nervous!

Thanks!

Obviously this is something that is of importance to you. Cruise Critic is a wonderful forum and many people give very good feedback on here. However, I am not sure that anyone can guarantee the "correct" answers for the questions you have posed.

I believe that the dietary laws you are asking about should have answers from Celebrity. I would certainly contact them and inquire. When you booked this cruise did you ask your travel agent about these dietary laws, etc?

I am truly trying to assist you that is why I suggest you contact Celebrity directly. Suggest you check out this link from Celebrity; note the Kosher meals section and then contact them re any other questions you may have.

Good luck. Please be sure to come back to this forum and let us know how this is handled as it may help others in the future.

Enjoy your cruise.

https://www.celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/onboard-facilities/restaurants-cafes/special-dietary-needs/

The fridge in the balcony room is not cold enough to keep the products you listed safe to eat. Our cabin steward once told us that it is not safe to keep a small carton of milk. You should contact the cruise line directly to get answers to your questions. In addition to the kosher offerings they have vegetarian dishes on the menu in the main dining room. Don't worry, I have never seen anyone go hungry on a cruise. Enjoy your first cruise experience.

I believe you are required to request the kosher meals several months before the cruise. Friday night services are usually conducted by the passengers. Look at the board located at the guest relations desk to find the time and location for services. In my experience the cruise line has provided kosher Sabbath wine for those participating in the service.

Edited by rose6
Adding information

The fridge is cold enough for the cheese, halva and the chumus. I've kept cheese in there many times and it's fine. And , yes, every cabin has a fridge.

As far as where the meals come from - you will have to call Celebrity and probably elevate your call to a supervisor to find that out.

I know this won't help you now but good friends of ours have started sailing Oceania because they prepare them FRESH Kosher meals - no airplane food on there!

As far as Kosher wine - they have the Manishewitz they serve on Friday and I think I remember a Herzog on the wine list but that doesn't insure it's still there or even if they have it. You can bring 2 bottles of wine on board with you.