Cuba visa question?

Alaskan_Kate

I'm booked on the Sun for June. I would like to get on top of the visa process, as I don't know how long it will take. However, I am confused on where to go to get the visa. I was told I could do it online, but I'm going in circles on the Department of State/Treasury websites. Anyone who has been on an NCL Cuba cruise, can you give any insight?

I'm booked on the Sun for June. I would like to get on top of the visa process, as I don't know how long it will take. However, I am confused on where to go to get the visa. I was told I could do it online, but I'm going in circles on the Department of State/Treasury websites. Anyone who has been on an NCL Cuba cruise, can you give any insight?

Easiest to pay NCL the $75 and get the visa when you check in for your cruise.

interesting! I booked the cruise while on another NCL cruise and the cruisenext rep told me I had to apply online beforehand.

The online application is for the OFAC people to people paperwork. For the visa, you have to call NCL and have it added to your cruise fare and final payment. They printed out the visa/tourist card when we checked in for our cruise and we handed it to the Cuban officials we got off the ship.

Interesting that this appears to be a case where UK cruise passengers don't end up paying more for a service than their US counterparts ...

We were in Cuba in mid-November on CMV Columbus and had our visas issued automatically onboard - for the princely sum of £11 each (say $15 each).