Circumnavigate Australia in 2019?

Ken the cruiser

From past experience HAL does theirs around the end of Sep/first part of Oct. How is the weather around Australia during October?

Great timing - spring time here and nice warm but not extreme heat temperatures - usually (but you can never guaranty it) lovely weather

Sounds promising

Great timing - spring time here and nice warm but not extreme heat temperatures - usually (but you can never guaranty it) lovely weather

Sounds promising

Thanks!! That's just what we wanted to hear. Hopefully HAL comes through with offering a cruise during that time as well. :D

I’ll be joining the Amsterdam for the last half of its 2018 WC in Hong Kong. I was originally going to join in my home port, Sydney, when it arrives here next month but decided I would rather do a complete circumnavigation of Australia instead. So, I’ll definitely be checking out if HAL has scheduled a circumnavigation for next year.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything yet about a possible 2019 circumavigation?

Reread this thread (good thing as I might have posted the same thing I posted earlier, lol) and appreciate everyone's info, especially about the weather during different parts of the year. Friend is on RCCL's right now. Just can't see doing that without the ports I really want....and it will be a task talking DH into another long flight as we just got back from an Asia cruise with a painful amoung of flying time.

Has anyone heard anything yet about a possible 2019 circumavigation?

Reread this thread (good thing as I might have posted the same thing I posted earlier, lol) and appreciate everyone's info, especially about the weather during different parts of the year. Friend is on RCCL's right now. Just can't see doing that without the ports I really want....and it will be a task talking DH into another long flight as we just got back from an Asia cruise with a painful amoung of flying time.

Nothing yet, but we don't have our hopes up either. Our HAL PCC was in a meeting where another PCC asked if there was going to be a circumnavigation cruise around Australia in 2019 and the answer was no. I'm not saying there isn't going to be one because they haven't posted the complete 2019 schedule for the Maasdam yet, but it doesn't look good.

Nothing yet, but we don't have our hopes up either. Our HAL PCC was in a meeting where another PCC asked if there was going to be a circumnavigation cruise around Australia in 2019 and the answer was no. I'm not saying there isn't going to be one because they haven't posted the complete 2019 schedule for the Maasdam yet, but it doesn't look good.

Thanks, Ken.