Excursion to Hol-Chan and Shark Ray Alley

Pugster4

Hello all! I am wanting to do an excursion that goes to both Hol-Chan and Shark Ray alley and I was wondering if anyone had good recommendations? I was looking at coral breeze but noticed they only go near Hol-Chan. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all! I am wanting to do an excursion that goes to both Hol-Chan and Shark Ray alley and I was wondering if anyone had good recommendations? I was looking at coral breeze but noticed they only go near Hol-Chan. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Did this with shore excursioneer just last week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I saw that one and was wondering how it was. Who ended up being the tour company?

Splash wave tours was who did ours. It was a great deal of fun. It seemed that not many tours for the other snorkeling offered had the required number of people signed up so they were instead put in our group. Which was probably a good thing or we wouldn't have had enough people either. We had a small boat of people, maybe 20? And that was with the mixed groups.

Splash wave tours was who did ours. It was a great deal of fun. It seemed that not many tours for the other snorkeling offered had the required number of people signed up so they were instead put in our group. Which was probably a good thing or we wouldn't have had enough people either. We had a small boat of people, maybe 20? And that was with the mixed groups.

Thank you so much!

I have done this through shoreexcursioneer. The tour was called "Belize shark ray alley and Hol Chan marine park by air" and it was a great experience. https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/belize/shark-ray-alley-hol-chan-marine-park-snorkel-air.html You fly first to Ambergris Caye, rather than taking the long boat ride to Caye Caulker.

How did you get in touch with them once you got into port? I am so glad you had a good time! We are scheduled with them in about two weeks. Any info would be appreciated.

How did you get in touch with them once you got into port? I am so glad you had a good time! We are scheduled with them in about two weeks. Any info would be appreciated.
We followed the instructions to the tickets we printed. There was a man waiting for us and he walked us to where we needed to be. You have to walk a little bit because they are not allowed to set up inside the port area because they don't work with the cruise ship. Don't get nervous, it all worked out great.

• 3 weeks later...
We followed the instructions to the tickets we printed. There was a man waiting for us and he walked us to where we needed to be. You have to walk a little bit because they are not allowed to set up inside the port area because they don't work with the cruise ship. Don't get nervous, it all worked out great.

Can you tell me when you did this tour through Shore Excursioneer did you have to take the water taxi from Belize City to Caye Caulker or the boat you got on in Belize city was the one that took you to all the snorkel sites? The issue I am having is the Carnival always stays on ship time which is the time of the departure port (Port Canaveral). So when we are suppose to be in port 8am-5pm that is really 6am-3pm local time. The first water taxi leaves at 8am local/10am ship time which greatly reduces our time for this tour.

Can you tell me when you did this tour through Shore Excursioneer did you have to take the water taxi from Belize City to Caye Caulker or the boat you got on in Belize city was the one that took you to all the snorkel sites? The issue I am having is the Carnival always stays on ship time which is the time of the departure port (Port Canaveral). So when we are suppose to be in port 8am-5pm that is really 6am-3pm local time. The first water taxi leaves at 8am local/10am ship time which greatly reduces our time for this tour.
We tendered from our ship to Belize city. Then we met our guide and he walked us over to a group of people and after some time waiting we walked about half a mile over to a small dock where we got on a small boat. That boat took us to the different snorkel sights and then to a lunch spot. Then they took us back to Belize city where we walked back to the pier and tendered back to our ship. On our excursion there were people from several different ships. One couple was so worried about the time that they literally ran back to the pier because they were afraid the ship would leave without them. Their ship was the last to leave I believe and no one else from their ship seemed concerned.

We tendered from our ship to Belize city. Then we met our guide and he walked us over to a group of people and after some time waiting we walked about half a mile over to a small dock where we got on a small boat. That boat took us to the different snorkel sights and then to a lunch spot. Then they took us back to Belize city where we walked back to the pier and tendered back to our ship. On our excursion there were people from several different ships. One couple was so worried about the time that they literally ran back to the pier because they were afraid the ship would leave without them. Their ship was the last to leave I believe and no one else from their ship seemed concerned.

Thank you for the info. I have emailed back and forth with shore excursioneer and they have reassured me that we will be back to the ship on time. Do you remember if your tour was the full 5 hours? What time did you tour start? I was surprised to see Splash Waves same tour cost more on their site.