Tours of Miami

nat9511

The last time we disembarked in miami and had all day to wait for a flight we got the red hop on hop off bus. They pick you up at the port and take you with your luggage to their storage facility...you are then free to use their tours...I think there are two different routes. Before your flight you are taken back to pick up your luggage and then on to the airport. Very simple procedure and we had a fabulous day seeing all of miami.

The last time we disembarked in miami and had all day to wait for a flight we got the red hop on hop off bus. They pick you up at the port and take you with your luggage to their storage facility...you are then free to use their tours...I think there are two different routes. Before your flight you are taken back to pick up your luggage and then on to the airport. Very simple procedure and we had a fabulous day seeing all of miami.

Where do you book them Andante?

Yes they do offer trips around Miami for departures after 4.45pm. From memory there was a choice of 3. One, sightseeing then Dolphin Mall 59$Two, sightseeing and Everglades $55, three, sightseeing.

The meeting time was 7am. After picking up luggage etc, the tourbus left at 8.45. Dropped us all off in a ridiculous place under the airport which meant a real hike to check in at around 1.45.

Where do you book them Andante?

Hi, I think the best thing to do is google Hop on for Miami. Memory not good, but suspect the only way I could have booked was via the internet, as we are from uk. They should show an option for cruises. I also cannot remember what the cost was, but remember it was very reasonable.

I'm in the same situation. Post cruise flight is 6:30 pm Ft Lauderdale airport. In my reserach, I found this option - this is the link for the HOHO bus and is specifically for post cruise - it's called Ship to Shore HOHO :

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/ship-to-shore-miami/

It does mention that this tour is exclusively sold through on board the ship, including MSC. However, when I look at my "shore excursion" tab in "my booking: in MSC, there are 2 tours for Miami, but nothing for HOHO.

Having said that, there is somewhere on the HOHO page that indicates people can also arrive at the Bayside Market main ticket location after the cruise (a short Uber or taxi ride), and purchase the tickets separately. You can store your luggage somewhere at the facility and then you can pick to ride any of their HOHO bus routes. You can take as many different bus routes as you like depending on your free time before your flight. Allow sufficient time to get back to pickup your luggage, and then they have transfer that takes you to FLL airport.

I have not taken this tour before, but have read reviews from TripAdvisor, and it seems to work out pretty well. Hope this helps.

I'm in the same situation. Post cruise flight is 6:30 pm Ft Lauderdale airport. In my reserach, I found this option - this is the link for the HOHO bus and is specifically for post cruise - it's called Ship to Shore HOHO :

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/ship-to-shore-miami/

It does mention that this tour is exclusively sold through on board the ship, including MSC. However, when I look at my "shore excursion" tab in "my booking: in MSC, there are 2 tours for Miami, but nothing for HOHO.

Having said that, there is somewhere on the HOHO page that indicates people can also arrive at the Bayside Market main ticket location after the cruise (a short Uber or taxi ride), and purchase the tickets separately. You can store your luggage somewhere at the facility and then you can pick to ride any of their HOHO bus routes. You can take as many different bus routes as you like depending on your free time before your flight. Allow sufficient time to get back to pickup your luggage, and then they have transfer that takes you to FLL airport.

I have not taken this tour before, but have read reviews from TripAdvisor, and it seems to work out pretty well. Hope this helps.

The HOHO bus wasn't set up with our last cruise out of Miami but we were able to book via telephone. We just had to walk down to where the buses were picking up from the next pier. It seems to me we paid via credit card while at the luggage drop off.

• 2 months later...
The HOHO bus wasn't set up with our last cruise out of Miami but we were able to book via telephone. We just had to walk down to where the buses were picking up from the next pier. It seems to me we paid via credit card while at the luggage drop off.

Hi TravelinGert, with our cruise coming up in mid April, the HOHO post cruise still hasn't showed up on my booking page. When you mentioned you were able to book via telephone, could you please tell me who you called (so I can do the same))? It appears that HOHO is not accepting any booking, and still wants me to book directly on board....I;m not going anywhere on this...

Also, did you take the bus that picked you up directly from the cruise pier to be dropped off at Bayside Market to have them store your luggage? I;m not familiar with the Miami cruise pier, so any clarification would be very helpful.

thanks!!