Does anyone have a review of the spa services? How to get the most of spa experience?

bbnjcruiser

Thanks for asking this. I haven't used the spa in a few years, so good to refresh this topic.

I have another question: do you still get to use the thermal spa before your treatment if you book a treatment? I didn't think you could do that anymore, but thought I'd check.

I loved the hot stone massage on NCL. Did it as part of a three-mini treatment special. Had the Thai Poultice massaged demonstrated on me once (first day tour) and it was really interesting. Would consider it.

I do have to say, book early so that you get a preferred time where you don't have to rush off to something else. Or if you are staying on board/coming back early on a port day, you can get a better price and things are less busy on ship. A nice time to relax with a massage or body scrub and take an afternoon nap!

Look for port day specials. There are always some advertised in the daily, but also go to the spa itself- often there are additional specials they can offer you. There are sometimes "early bird" specials too- 8am-10am. Most "specials" amount to getting the 75 minute massage/treatment for the price of the 50 (so about 1/3 off). There are also often specials where you get 10% off if you book 2 things, 15% if you book 3, 20% if you book 4 or something like that. The reduction is off of all 3 or 4 or whatever, so it adds up if you plan to use the spa a lot. You can't combine people on that though (we tried). I haven't recalled being able to use the thermal suite for a while.

In terms of selling you stuff, they give you a paper to fill out before each treatment. Whatever you do, DON'T write down that you have any "problem areas" like cellulite, stress, trouble sleeping, etc. They will use that to try to get you to buy stuff. I write right on that paper that I'm not interested in purchasing anything, and then tell the therapist the same thing once she introduces herself/himself. It hasn't been an issue if I said it upfront- it HAS been an issue if I didn't. I'm not mean about it- I just say "I'm really looking forward to this massage, but I'm not interested in buying any products afterwards".

In terms of selling you stuff, they give you a paper to fill out before each treatment. Whatever you do, DON'T write down that you have any "problem areas" like cellulite, stress, trouble sleeping, etc. They will use that to try to get you to buy stuff. I write right on that paper that I'm not interested in purchasing anything, and then tell the therapist the same thing once she introduces herself/himself. It hasn't been an issue if I said it upfront- it HAS been an issue if I didn't. I'm not mean about it- I just say "I'm really looking forward to this massage, but I'm not interested in buying any products afterwards".

What good advice! Honestly never thought of that. The up selling while I get teh money making need, sometimes can made the whole experience go south. I'll remember this.

The receptionists are very nice and can help you choose the right treatment for you based on what you want... ie. Relaxation, water retension, muscle aches etc...

No you dont get access to the thermal suite with a treatment - you have to buy the pass for that (well worth it imho)

As for the upsell... ive never had an issue. I listen to what advice they have and kindly decline the products. I use most of them at home anyway so my answer is either 1. I have that at home already, now i know whats its for (yay!) 2. I can get that cheaper at home or 3. I will think about it and may come back for it later - can you write it down for me.

Ive never found them pushy at all, they always seem perfectly nice and understanding when i say not right now thanks.

Enjoy the spa!!!!! 😊

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I told the lady this week I wasn’t buying anything and that I only travel with carry on bags. She still tried to sell me and the total spa ritual (268$) was not worth it. That being said I have got the same package on other ships and it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won a $100 "spa credit" and it had so many restrictions, I gave it away. Tried to use it on a spa pass. Could not use it on that. Tried to use it on a massage, it was not valid on that massage but was valid on a massage that was 2 1/2 times the cost. Tried to use it on a promo, not valid with that. Tried to use it on a port day. Not valid as it defines a port day as only the time the ship is in port - not for that day. The time I chose ran over a few minutes past when the ship was scheduled to leave so it was not valid. I got so fed up I gave this "spa credit" to 14 different friends. Each one gave it back to me telling me there was nothing they could use it for. Finally, a 15th friend was able to use it after spending over $300. What a croc. I will never waste my time trying to win one of these "credits" again.