Do not disturb signs

DCLCrazy

Not at this time. The main reason for the selected hotels at Disney World is their vantage point to the parks, etc. Not much to worry about from a Ship Balcony plus unlike the hotels there is security screening and you cannot keep bringing more stuff in.

Not at this time. The main reason for the selected hotels at Disney World is their vantage point to the parks, etc. Not much to worry about from a Ship Balcony plus unlike the hotels there is security screening and you cannot keep bringing more stuff in.

That’s good to hear. I think that would have been a deal breaker with me. I love my DND sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personnel on the ships WILL enter your room to check on you if they haven't been able to document a guest entering or leaving a room within a certain time period (I was told 48 hours, but can't verify that). They will enter for maintenance that they deem to be an emergency--for instance, water leaking onto the floor below your room. True that entering your room with a "DND" sign on the door has to be approved at a level beyond your stateroom host, but they will ignore the signs to do checks of well being or health and safety. If there is no response to their knock, they WILL enter!

Part of the job of your stateroom host and your dining server is to basically check on you and be sure you are OK. That's part of why the adult dining venues communicate with the main dining room as to who has reservations. No, it isn't a perfect system, and they don't notify if you eat at Cabanas (even when we asked them to!)

Granted, this is a lot different than someone wanting to sleep late or have a little private time...but when in doubt, they can and will enter your cabin!

Personnel on the ships WILL enter your room to check on you if they haven't been able to document a guest entering or leaving a room within a certain time period (I was told 48 hours' date=' but can't verify that). They will enter for maintenance that they deem to be an emergency--for instance, water leaking onto the floor below your room. True that entering your room with a "DND" sign on the door has to be approved at a level beyond your stateroom host, but they will ignore the signs to do checks of well being or health and safety. If there is no response to their knock, they WILL enter!

Part of the job of your stateroom host and your dining server is to basically check on you and be sure you are OK. That's part of why the adult dining venues communicate with the main dining room as to who has reservations. No, it isn't a perfect system, and they don't notify if you eat at Cabanas (even when we asked them to!)

Granted, this is a lot different than someone wanting to sleep late or have a little private time...but when in doubt, they can and will enter your cabin![/quote']

Yeah mine is more about sleeping in and not being woken up to make the bed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They also have a host "on call" so that if your server has worked his time and has still not been able to do your room due to sleeping in, you'll get a note on your door giving an extension to call when you are ready to have the room done. Obviously, you don't need to call it and can just wait till evening. I've often just traded out towels with him in the hall when teen was sleeping in.

Just back off the Dream and the DND sign was in place but probably didn't need to be. Not sure we left the room one time and the steward didn't pop his head out. This guy was like a ninja. I also don't remember him knocking even when we didn't have the sign out. Probably the best service we have had on any cruise.