Bacardi Tour

Mr305

Wanted to know if anyone has visited the Bacardi plant in the month of December? How did you get to/from the plant? Was the ferry running or did you have to use other means of transportation? If the ferry is working, is the Barcadi shuttle running on the other end, to/from the port to the plant? Any info would be greatly appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Posting a reply to see if anyone has done this tour recently on their own? Other posts mention the use of taxis to get to and from Bacardi. Has anyone use the shuttle and if so, can you share the cost, frequency of round trips from ferry terminal to Bacardi plant? If used a taxi, what has the cost been for a round trip to and from the Bacardi plant?

Posting a reply to see if anyone has done this tour recently on their own? Other posts mention the use of taxis to get to and from Bacardi. Has anyone use the shuttle and if so, can you share the cost, frequency of round trips from ferry terminal to Bacardi plant? If used a taxi, what has the cost been for a round trip to and from the Bacardi plant?

We did this on 2/24/18. A driver met us at the ferry terminal and put together a group of four. It was $12 per van, or $3 per person for groups of four or more. So we paid $6 per couple. We had to walk about a block to get to the van.

When we returned, there were drivers waiting at the taxi stand just outside the Bacardi visitor center. We waited for a few minutes, but no one else showed up, so we ended up paying $12. If we’d been more patient, I’m sure we could have found another couple to split the cost.

For those that have done “just” the Historical tour for $15, are there any sort of free tastings involved? Also is there just 1 drink included and if so how much is it to get another drink in the souvenir cup?

I am thinking $50 pp is just quite a bit more than I want to spend for this tour and to taste other rums (even really nice ones) . . . But $15 and a free cup/drink sounds reasonable to say we went.

Did the $50pp rum tasting tour 2 days ago. Due to the large swell, the ferry was not running. It was $30 for a cab from Old San Juan to Bacardi. We split an Uber on the return for $15 (total). They want $44 for the return if you take a taxi. It’s a rip off!

I say avoid all tours to Bacardi. Seriously, it’s not worth the money. You are mostly given one drink under the “bat” pavilion. On the tasting tour you get to taste 5 rums, including the silver that should mostly only be used as a mixer. You get very little views of the actual factory, and all the tour is information presented on big signs.

If you are into rum and lucky enough to cruise to St. Lucia, the rum tour there is much better!!!

Do you know how long it takes to get there? Our ship doesn’t dock until 3:30 and the last tour is at 4:30.

The ferry and the van ride each only take a few minutes, but we had to wait about 20 minutes for the ferry. There weren’t many people waiting when we arrived, so I assume we just missed the previous ferry. You would probably make it if everything went right, but I think you would be cutting it close.

We enjoyed the $50 pp tasting on 2/24. We did get to see more of the factory floor and the control room than other tours. It might be a little overpriced, but we enjoyed it and had no regrets.

We took the ferry. If we had to pay for a taxi from and to OSJ, it would not have been worth the added cost.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done the tour through RCL every time we cruise out of San Juan, for a couple of reasons. 1. It gives us something to do until our flight at 2:30. 2. We don't have to haul our luggage all over the place.

Basically you meet up once you collect your bags and then head to a bus (Your bags go on a seperate truck). They drive you to the tour and you spend some time doing the tour, riding a tram, tasting a few drinks and then to the gift shop. After that you get on the bus and do a brief city tour and then off to SJU. I would say you get to the airport around 12:30 or so and your bags are waiting for you.

It makes for a nice relaxing final day IMO

-F-