Majesty of the Seas drydock.

I really hope they add a Chops and upgrade the ship. When we booked, we booked the Empress because of the upgrades and Cuba route. I kinda feel duped. Now, if I cancel we lose our $200 deposit. Not cool..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You feel duped because? Royal Caribbean didn't call you to ask if it was OK to but Majesty into drydock and upgrade it even though you already booked in Empress? I guess I don't understand how you were duped.

I'm on her on 50 days. Were changes updated to the decor in the rooms? I have an interior (because I'm have kids, so I'm poor). I'd be thrilled if they decided to add Virtual Balconies, but I'm guessing they probably didn't.

Highly doubtful...but I don't have any information to back that up.

You feel duped because? Royal Caribbean didn't call you to ask if it was OK to but Majesty into drydock and upgrade it even though you already booked in Empress? I guess I don't understand how you were duped.

I know it’s weird...I usually go with the flow. The M of the S is fine but that’s not what I signed up for. The Em of the Seas just has more. Since that’s not an option, I would like to move my deposit to another ship. RCCL says no, so I lose it. I’m going to wait until after the drydock to make the final decision. Looking forward to your review of the upgrades from drydock :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Will the Majesty also get a sauna/steam room as well as locker room facilities?

I seriously doubt any significant improvements will be made to Majesty while it's still sailing under the Royal Caribbean name.

In regards to your reply about not getting any special upgrades as long as Majesty sails under the Royal Caribbean name is very interesting to me. Why do you say that?

I expect Royal to move the ship to one of their other cruise lines within a few years, in which case the other cruise line would make any changes they want.

I expect Royal to move the ship to one of their other cruise lines within a few years, in which case the other cruise line would make any changes they want.

This is certainly the most reasonable assumption, the only reason I would think they may keep it around for a while to come is for some smaller ships to serve the short duration/smaller embarkation ports. The same reason why Carnival is probably going to keep the Fantasy class ships around for years more.

As long as there is a market for 3/4 night cruises the cruise line will keep the older ships around. NCL and Carnival use their older ships in this way. As far as the ship, it operates on a 7-day refurbishment like a normal 7-day cruise. We even ran out of apple juice on our 4 day since our turn around day they didn't provision.

RCI isn't going to take any cabin space away to add a lounge or the cost of adding a specialty restaurant, running lines for a new galley, storage rooms etc. The drydock was for the required below waterline maintenance, even after that she was only running on one screw on my voyage.