Dining Room

quietmn12

Okay, so I'm a newbie as well as a middle class slob, but is it true dinner will last two hours? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being sociable, but two hours? Is this really true or am I reading something wrong into this?

Dinner will last as long as you want it to. There is no rule that states you need to sit at your table for 2 hours :rolleyes: There are 2 hours "allocated" per seating - that's what you must have been confused about.

As a newbie - welcome to CC :)

Hi quietmn12:

Dinner time can depend on how many people are at your table, and how many courses they order. That said - you can be out of the dining room in an hour or even less. The meals that take a long time are in the alternative restaurants, and they are worth the long dinner time. If you are in a hurry on one particular night you can always eat somewhere else on the ship or order room service.

Enjoy your cruise,

Karen

It is 2 hours from the time the dining room opens until the next group walks in.

You get several courses and it is more of an event every day.. They sing to you, do dances and other fun stuff. Trust me I am about as middle class slob as they come also and you do not spend alot of time waiting for food, and your not rushed to finish....

On the Navigator, the dinner time length was our biggest pet peeve, because we never finished under 2 hours each night. (Late seating, table for 10). We were always the last table in our area still eating while everyone headed out.

Couple of mistakes on our part-- we didn't say anything to the waiter, and we didn't just get up and leave (we could have had dessert wrapped to go).

For my next cruise, I will say something about wanting a shorter dining experience, and if its still too long, we'll probably eat dinner elsewhere.

Never been on first seating so I don´t know and this maybe a little faster.

My second seating dinners lasted always at least 1.5 hours while mostly I spent 2 or 2.5 hours at dinner. Having said this I have to say that I always enjoy the diner time and always had great table mates. We usually have much fun and interesting conversations so time flys by.

On the Navigator, the dinner time length was our biggest pet peeve, because we never finished under 2 hours each night. (Late seating, table for 10). We were always the last table in our area still eating while everyone headed out.

Couple of mistakes on our part-- we didn't say anything to the waiter, and we didn't just get up and leave (we could have had dessert wrapped to go).

For my next cruise, I will say something about wanting a shorter dining experience, and if its still too long, we'll probably eat dinner elsewhere.

Get a smaller table. That should take care of that.

Can you request a table for three? If so, where and when?

Myrtle

When you first board, go to the dining room and ask for whatever you want. If it's available, they will switch it for you. If you don't see anyone taking changes, ask someone working in the room when the maitre'd will be there. Try not to wait too long after they open for making changes.

Archived