early saver Future cruise credit

cjnix29

We had to cancel a cruise we were supposed to take in October. We booked early saver, or easy saver or one of those. We lost $50 pp, but then were supposed to get the remainder of our deposit in a future cruise credit. Well...We can't find it anywhere! I am booking with a new travel agent, and when she calls, nothing comes up at all. All of my emails about this cruise have disappeared from my inbox. Even the ones I sent. My sister was going, and she can't find any of hers either. We both had to cancel. I contacted my old travel agent, and her info has disappeared too. She had to call to even get my sister's information, and that took awhile to get. Our reservations should have been linked, but there is nothing! My new travel agent calls and then they tell her that it can only be retrieved through the old agent. What is going on? We have never had any kind of credit like this before, and it is just crazy that it doesn't follow your loyalty number. Anyone have any suggestions? We should have about $200 in credit that I would hate to just lose. It shouldn't be this hard!

They have completely disappeared from my inbox. My sister's inbox, my travel agent's email. I can't get a booking number anywhere. Carnival apparently can't pull it up either. I booked a rate that would have me forfeit 50 pp, and then the remainder for a future cruise credit. I can't believe Carnival can't find it with all the information we have given them. Frustrating!

Sounds like an issue with your former TA. I have never had emails disappear from my online mailboxes. How is that possible? Try contacting your credit card company that you charged the deposit to and see if they can pull a reference number. Maybe Carnival can research it that way.

Hate to say it and I’m sure I’m going to ruffle some feathers, but if you book directly through Carnival, you shouldn’t have these issues as they don’t need to go through a 3rd party to find out the details.

Has it been over 2 years since you canceled?

Yeah, not sure what is going on with the former TA. She was a friend, and it's gotten weird. Booked with a ta this time too, but I agree, it's probably much better to just do it self serve. Cruise was for this past October, and we canceled sometime this summer, I think. School schedule changed. I am just shocked I can't find anything in my email box! I'll check CC, thanks for that tip.

sounds like something from the Twilight Zone. How can all your emails and your sisters emails just disappear?

This friend who was the TA, does she have access to your homes or something?

Sounds pretty bizarre. Any chance the emails are on your phone?

Good Luck and hope you get this sorted out quickly.

Bill

yeah, I've checked every in box, out box, trash box, all my email addresses. It is so completely bizarre! But isn't it strange that Carnival can't pull anything up at all? We managed to find the cancellation confirmation for my sister, so we are trying to work backwards from that. But not optimistic!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would update...my original TA finally managed to find our original booking number, but only on her TA system, not through any emails, as those really did all disappear! So weird. But...she found it, and we managed to get our $225 future cruise credit. It was more than I thought, so that will come in handy. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thought I would update...my original TA finally managed to find our original booking number, but only on her TA system, not through any emails, as those really did all disappear! So weird. But...she found it, and we managed to get our $225 future cruise credit. It was more than I thought, so that will come in handy. Thanks for the suggestions.

So glad you got it worked out!