Luggage Free

pjbmontana

We are going to be traveling with a group for 14 days that prior to our Barcelona to Lisbon cruise on Journey in June and will be limited to one suitcase weighing 40 pounds, so my wife is thinking about sending a bag ahead to the Journey via the service that Azamara has on their web site called 'Luggage Free'. I was wondering what experience others have had with these kind of luggage services? We would be sending the bag from Southern California to Barcelona, Spain.

I used this service to send a large suitcase from Dallas to Miami for the Azamara Quest Transatlantic in April 2017 and will do the same this year.

After calling them,I received paperwork and stickers for the suitcase .

A driver picked it up on an assigned time and the luggage piece was waiting for me in front of my stateroom on embarkation day.

It could not have been easier .[emoji106]

The price was about $ 80 and charged on a credit card after weighing and delivery.

Sending a suitcase to Europe could be much more expensive and require more paperwork for customs.

Micheline

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Azamara is a casual cruise line so honestly what ever you pack for you land tour will be fine for the ship. Plus there is a laundry on board where you can wash your clothes and make new friends. Might be worth considering just buying an extra case in Barcelona if you want to take lots of souvenirs home or if you dear lady feels the need to purchase an extra outfit or two; verses the cost of transporting stuff you have managed without for the previous two weeks.