Help with dog sledding!

cici30

I am looking for ideas for excursions in Juneau & Skagway for our upcoming cruise in May. There will be seven people in our group (four adults & three teens). The teens are most excited about dog sledding (on dry land). Here are a few that we are thinking about:

Yukon Discovery Tour in Skagway

Juneau Sled Dog Discovery

OR

Yukon Discovery & Sled Dog Tour

Two people in our group are prone to motion sickness (especially on curvy roads). Because of this issue, should we reconsider any of these?

I know we can combine the dog sledding with the Yukon excursion, but we don’t mind doing them separately if the Juneau Sled Dog Discovery is better & gives the teens more time with the dogs.

Does anyone have any experience with these excursions, or have suggestions for something better? We aren’t interested in the helicopter/dog sledding. Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't really know if I can be of much help - but can offer my "thoughts" (FWIW).

My Wife has had a bucket list of dog sledding (Alaska) for as long as I can remember. We recently (a couple of years ago) retired so I quietly set up an Alaska vacation for August '18. After I had contacted Coastal Helicopters and arranged our tour, I thought "What if that tour is cancelled?" It is scheduled for Juneau. So, I set up the "land" dog sledding excursion for Skagway (in case of cancellation) for her. Additionally, I set it up through a third party. So, hopefully, if one cancels - we are good for the next day!

I CAN say this, however, the third party excursions (Non ship) seem to be cheaper than the ships prices.

https://www.coastalhelicopters.com

Yukon Dog Musher Adventure Tour

These option are essentially equal? Are you going to be in Seward? Seavey's is also excellent.

An additional suggestion I'll make is to not do a "tour" out of Skagway, instead Why not see if Avis, has a van left drive to your own touring and include driving the Klondike Highway, round trip Emerald Lake.

Take with you "Murray's Guide", for a superb opportunity. Then it's simple to just add all the time you want with the dogs.