Navigator 12/22-12/31

I'm not going to write a full review, more like commenting on some of the things that were brought up here before we left on our cruise that had me concerned.

First off, I want to comment on our stateroom. I read prior to our trip about horrible mattresses, no shampoo and conditioner and things like that. Our take on the room: Mattresses were by far the worst we've ever had on any other cruise. Usually the beds are great. The mattresses in our bed was as hard as lying on a board. No mattress pad either. Just a thin sheet right on top of the mattress.

No shampoo, conditioner nor body lotion. This felt VERY cheap. Even the most basic hotels provide these items. I bought shampoo and conditioner at the onboard store for $19. The guy working there said it was his hottest selling item... No body lotion in that store.

No robes or slippers which was fine with us as we typically don't use them.

No table! A sofa, but no table. This didn't do much for the already spartan feel of the room.

An empty refrigerator that did not work. Maintenance came twice and looked at it and said they would try to replace it. It never happened.

Staff was great though. :)

Someone had commented before our trip that the ship really needed to be freshened up. IMO, the carpet could use a shampooing in certain areas and some cushions here and there could be replaced, but over all, the ship is fine.

Another thing someone mentioned was the Haitians working at the market in Labadee were being aggressive in their sales tactics and suggested people stay away. They were very friendly towards us. Maybe someone from RCCL had a talk with them? There was a sign outside asking visitors for input and to inform RCCL of any issues.

Other than these issues mentioned, we had a great time. Crew was great and itineraries were great as well. Curacau and Bonaire being our favorites. :)

Yes, but that was some kind of soap. I wouldn't wash my hair with it. :)

That's supposedly a combo shampoo/conditioner (Carol has a photo), but I understand wanting to use something identifiable.

Thanks for the info, we sail on her twice in the next two months or so... the only thing I find hard to believe is "Usually the beds are great." :') RCI has the worst beds in my opinion. It's one of the two things I wish I could take from CCL and put on RCI!

Nice to hear that you had a good time.

Thanks for the info, we sail on her twice in the next two months or so... the only thing I find hard to believe is "Usually the beds are great." :') RCI has the worst beds in my opinion. It's one of the two things I wish I could take from CCL and put on RCI!

Nice to hear that you had a good time.

We usually sail with HAL and Celebrity and the beds have been great. We've only been on Freedom of the Seas prior, but I don't remember any bed issues from that time. This time was actually quite horrible.

Is a veranda a regular balcony or superior? Also, was there a hairdryer?

I believe it's a regular balcony.

Yes! There was a hairdryer! When we walked out of the terminal after the cruise, there was a table set up with items "confiscated" prior to boarding the ship for people to reclaim. Some of the items were hairdryers and irons! :)

I'm not going to write a full review, more like commenting on some of the things that were brought up here before we left on our cruise that had me concerned.

First off, I want to comment on our stateroom. I read prior to our trip about horrible mattresses, no shampoo and conditioner and things like that. Our take on the room: Mattresses were by far the worst we've ever had on any other cruise. Usually the beds are great. The mattresses in our bed was as hard as lying on a board. No mattress pad either. Just a thin sheet right on top of the mattress.

No shampoo, conditioner nor body lotion. This felt VERY cheap. Even the most basic hotels provide these items. I bought shampoo and conditioner at the onboard store for $19. The guy working there said it was his hottest selling item... No body lotion in that store.

No robes or slippers which was fine with us as we typically don't use them.

No table! A sofa, but no table. This didn't do much for the already spartan feel of the room.

An empty refrigerator that did not work. Maintenance came twice and looked at it and said they would try to replace it. It never happened.

Staff was great though. :)

Someone had commented before our trip that the ship really needed to be freshened up. IMO, the carpet could use a shampooing in certain areas and some cushions here and there could be replaced, but over all, the ship is fine.

Another thing someone mentioned was the Haitians working at the market in Labadee were being aggressive in their sales tactics and suggested people stay away. They were very friendly towards us. Maybe someone from RCCL had a talk with them? There was a sign outside asking visitors for input and to inform RCCL of any issues.

Other than these issues mentioned, we had a great time. Crew was great and itineraries were great as well. Curacau and Bonaire being our favorites. :)

We were on the ship for the 5 day right after you. Agree that the beds were bad. We normally do NCL and I enjoy their beds. Bed in the Family Oceanview was bad in the "master" and bunk rooms. RCL could use some improvement there.

I noticed several of the cruise director staff talking about the new things going to the new boats. I wonder if there was some truth and a little thinly veiled resentment on that topic.

I thought the ship was in good shape overall expect that many of the arcade games were out of order (not a big deal unless you have 3 kids 10-14). Most of the furniture in the public lounges was in good shape.

We did have the shampoo stuff in our shower and made the decision in advance we could use it for 5 days. My issue is that we never really had hot water, it was luke warm at best.

The fridge was probably not broken in your room. It just never works and is really more of a cooler. From what I can tell, that's standard on RCL. That's the sort of difference between HAL/Celebrity and mass lines.

My final thought - time to upgrade the pool loungers. The plastic straps are getting old and saggy. Upgrade to the mesh fabric.

Veranda on the 7th deck.

We also had a veranda in the 7th deck on the next cruise and had shampoo.

I knew ahead of time about no robes , so we brought our own.

I also didn’t like no table in front of the sofa.....

Our beds were good....

Also am empty fridge- we used it to put water in

Helaine