Confused by Today's Balcony Bonus Day Sale

taylortime05

Do a mock booking on a cruise you are interested in and see how much OBC is posted underneath the price. NCL said the Star was not included, but I know it was when I did a mock booking. My WONDERFUL TA did not give up and had the Balcony Bonus Day OBC added today!

I'm confused by todays sale. On home page it states "All 5+ Day Cruises", but when I start looking for cruises it only includes Breakaway, Epic, Jade and Spirit. Does this sound right?

The special OBC for balcony and above that started yesterday and ends tonight is special and separate from all of the other specials. Just do a test booking by picking the ship and sailing you are interested in, select a balcony or higher class, select a stateroom category and your promo choices and then click on the view details on the right side of the screen. It will show $100 Onboard Credit for Balcony, $140 for Mini Suite, $300 for Suite or $500 for Haven Suite.

I am a little sick that we booked a cruise on Friday in a suite ..... if I had waited until yesterday would have had $300 OBC on the cruise. We're past final payment so I'm having to console myself with the fact that we have a suite I've always wanted to sail in (10500 on Jewel class ship) for a very reasonable price.

I had booked my first cruise on the Breakaway, a mini suite with a large balcony on deck 8. At the time of the booking, on board credit was not offered. I called NCL today, and was able to get $140 of OBC added. What a nice New Year present.

Thanks Cruise Critic members.

The special OBC for balcony and above that started yesterday and ends tonight is special and separate from all of the other specials. Just do a test booking by picking the ship and sailing you are interested in, select a balcony or higher class, select a stateroom category and your promo choices and then click on the view details on the right side of the screen. It will show $100 Onboard Credit for Balcony, $140 for Mini Suite, $300 for Suite or $500 for Haven Suite.

I am a little sick that we booked a cruise on Friday in a suite ..... if I had waited until yesterday would have had $300 OBC on the cruise. We're past final payment so I'm having to console myself with the fact that we have a suite I've always wanted to sail in (10500 on Jewel class ship) for a very reasonable price.

I booked yesterday BEFORE the 6pmEST beginning time for the Balcony Bonus Day, but my TA was able to call today and have the OBC added:) Worth a try to call today before they close:) I was also past final payment as the cruise leaves in 60 days.

Edited by jvsnana

I have a cruise booked in May 2019 on Escape to Bermuda. My TA is big box store and they are closed today. If they were open I could get 300 OBC added to my reservation. Not sure what I can do but hope the sale gets extended to tomorrow when they open. This is the hassle with working with TA's. I am surprised NCL is open because Royal is closed today.

I have a cruise booked in May 2019 on Escape to Bermuda. My TA is big box store and they are closed today. If they were open I could get 300 OBC added to my reservation. Not sure what I can do but hope the sale gets extended to tomorrow when they open. This is the hassle with working with TA's. I am surprised NCL is open because Royal is closed today.

Have you tried calling NCL direct and asking if they would add the $300 OBC to your booking since your travel agency is closed today. 1-866-234-7350 It cannot hurt to call, the worst they can do is say no.

I'm bummed because my TA is closed today :(

Heres hoping for an extension on the promo for you!

Did you try to call NCL yourself? I know they always say you need to have your TA call, but I guess you could explain that they are closed today....wouldn't hurt to try:)

Also, take a screen shot of the promo and email it to your TA and see if they can get it applied tomorrow. Worth trying that too;)

Looks like they extended the sale for another day! Now you can have your TA call tomorrow!

Thanks! That's great news. I did call NCL earlier and they told me they couldn't add the OBC because the TA owns the reservation. I will call my TA tomorrow. Every bit helps!