How to get in touch with someone in case of an emergency

2ndsailing

I'm fairly sure that the contact #'s for the ships are listed somewhere on the Princess web site. Also, have you read through all of your cruise docs? I seem to remember getting the contact info for the CB out of the cruise answer book (it was at least somewhere in the cruise docs). You can also call Princess directly.

Have a wonderful time!!

There will be a page in your final cruise docs with a telephone number, it seems like it is a 900 number, that can be used to contact someone on a ship. I looked to see if I could find the number, but must have thrown it out.

I would imagine that if someone called 1-800-princess they could get an emergency message to you also. They would have to explain that it was an extreme emergency and would need to be able to provide your name, cabin number, ship name, and dates of voyage.

Emails sent to the ship will be delivered to your cabin but I've heard they are not always delivered in a timely manner. I believe the address is shipname@princess.com and your name and cabin number in the subject line.

A quick and personal way to stay in touch is to set up a separate email account with one of the free services like yahoo and check your emails each day.

The only one of these suggestions that I have personally used is the personal email account with yahoo. I found it worked quite well - I was cruising during the hurricane Wilma and needed to let family know I was safe. Hopefully someone with more experience in being contacted will post their experience and advice.

I was putting together my fact sheet tonight to pass on to my mother and mil and checked the answer book. Unfortunately, if someone wants to contact you on the ship, there's a 8.95 charge but here's the numbers listed: 1-900-329-7447 and 1-877-656-7447. I guess then they connect the caller to the ship. They need the name, ship and cabin number.

My daughter called us while we were on the Coral Princess in November. I found the number for the Coral on the Princess website. It is also listed in your travel documents. Before we left home I wrote the number for the ship and also our cabin number. We were out of the cabin when our daughter's call came in but the message light on our phone was blinking when we got back and we were able to hear her message...it worked the same as in a hotel. We returned her call right from our cabin while we were sailing in the middle of the ocean. The cost to call someone on the ship is $8.95 per minute (expensive) and it costs $5.00 per minute to make a call from your cabin. The fee for an outgoing call is charged to your seapass card. It is expensive but also gives peace of mind to know that you can make and receive calls in an emergency.

I saw this on the board a few weeks ago, but can't seem to find it now. We're sailing on the Star Princess - Dec. 28th. Is there a contact # we can leave with family in case there is an emergency and they need to contact us?:confused:

REMEMBER BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST IF NEED BE SOME ONE FROM HOME HAS TO REACH YOU JUST CALL PRINCESS

YOUR ARE ON VACATION LEAVE ALL BE HIND HAVE FUN LET YOUR HAIR DOWN:)

STU DAYTON,OHIO

Archived