Taxi prices to west bay

kayjay76

Hi all,

How much on average is the cost of a taxi? Is the cost per person or per cab? We are a group of at least 15 and understand we'll need several taxis. We'll be docking at Coxen hole and looking to go to the west bay beaches possibly

Thank you!!!!

Taxi prices on the island are not regulated it is all about the haggle and unless you enjoy haggling it is a waste of precious time. With 15 people I believe you are far better off pre arranging a driver with one of the tour companies, this way you get a local english speaking driver who will actually return you to the ship.

or better yet, as I said in your other thread, choose a day pass with a resort which offers transport, I find this a better value if only going to a from West Bay Beach.

Can you recommend a day pass resort to go to?

Is there a problem with taxi drivers not returning people to the ship on time on Roatan?

My apologies, I misspoke. Most of the taxi are engaging for round-trip fares, if you just flag one along the road for a one-way trip you may well be looking at a challenge to get back to the ship, those guys know you are on a time frame and may well take advantage. I have seen one account where the lady did not do her homework, grabbed some random cab, the story is she never did make it to the beach but met many Spanish speakers along the route the taxi did take her.

There are many options along West Bay Beach, Bananarama was mentioned, I think Paradise Beach offered with transport now, I think Infinity can arrange transport, Beacher's also is an option. Have a look at all the websites, see what strikes your fancy.

or give me a list of needs you have in a day pass resort and I can take a stab at choice.