Beverage package question

Was on harmony in 2016, and a few before that, and there is always a tweak or two to the beverage offerings, but this year there is a big hole in the offer that I normally go for. (Am going on Jewel so not sure if this applies to just this ship?)

I normally get an "intermediate" alchohol package which includes local beer or wine under about $6 a glass, and I also bought wine packages to go with dinner.

Neither of these seem to be available now, you have to either totally pay as you go, or have the full alcohol package, which all parties over 18 have to purchase.

Not impressed with that at all, or am I missing something?

Royal did away with the premium package Fall 2016. Now the only offing is the deluxe package. They also recently added the rule that if 1 adult purchases the deluxe package, all other adults in that stateroom must also purchase it.

I may give thata go thanks for the tip. might not have enough points to convince them though!

Just did it Saturday for my wife, as I won't drink enough to make it worthwhile. Just buy the second person the pop or refreshment before you call in, and it is even simpler

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Rukkian, not sure if your spellchecker upset that, could you explain please. Thanks.:D

I fixed it, but basically I had already purchased the refreshment package for me. Told them I don't drink enough, and already bought refreshment, and they said great, I can purchase the deluxe for just your wife.

I fixed it, but basically I had already purchased the refreshment package for me. Told them I don't drink enough, and already bought refreshment, and they said great, I can purchase the deluxe for just your wife.

thank you sir, will defintely try that.

I had called to get the deluxe for myself and refreshment for my wife (she doesn't drink much). Mission accomplished. Being the 1st of my cruises on RC, I was quite impressed with the support person I talked with. Got myself the deluxe, my wife the refreshment package along with the discounts that were online and they helped with excursion(s) that were cancelled. Thought all of this would have taken at least .5 hour. Only took 10 minutes!!

The people who called to get one beverage package and a refreshment package for their significant other, how much did you end up paying for the deluxe package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price varies across different ships & sailings

My friend called and told them his wife did not drink so he was the only one in the cabin that had to buy anything. This was early in the whole all adults in room must buy fiasco. Now they've changed that to making the other buy a Refreshment package it seems. He was lucky he just got under the wire to get the solo package. He paid $45 a day on sale. By the way, his wife really does not drink. Nothing hokey there.

My friend called and told them his wife did not drink so he was the only one in the cabin that had to buy anything. This was early in the whole all adults in room must buy fiasco. Now they've changed that to making the other buy a Refreshment package it seems. He was lucky he just got under the wire to get the solo package. He paid $45 a day on sale. By the way, his wife really does not drink. Nothing hokey there.

I plan to keep the refreshment package, but just wonder if you ordered the refreshment first, then called in and got the deluxe for another person, and then cancelled the refreshment what would happen. I doubt they have it tied together in some way.

In my case, I do drink, just not near enough to buy a package. I was still debating on buying the deluxe just for the feel of being all inclusive, and not worrying about what I am drinking, but I may just grab a couple of bottles of wine and take it onboard for me.

For our sailing (over spring break on allure) it had been $45, but for the last month, it has been $50. We spent a bit extra by waiting, but figure if it happens to go back down, I will cancel it and repurchase for my wife.

The price varies across different ships & sailings

The reason I was asking because on symphony sailing. They’re selling drinks package as Buy one get the other half off (obviously one of those fake sales) at $49.50 (same sale was $47.80 beginning of December) so basically they’re pricing it at $66 full price!!

so I was wondering if you could get one package at same sale price, because if not, full price 66+ refreshment package = same as 2 drink packages with the sale

The reason I was asking because on symphony sailing. They’re selling drinks package as Buy one get the other half off (obviously one of those fake sales) at $49.50 (same sale was $47.80 beginning of December) so basically they’re pricing it at $66 full price!!

so I was wondering if you could get one package at same sale price, because if not, full price 66+ refreshment package = same as 2 drink packages with the sale

When they state bogoho, all they are really doing is just giving 25% off each package. It does not matter if you buy 1, 2, 3, or 4, they will still be the same 25% off. It is just another way to market the same price. If they are showing 49.50, you should be able to buy one for that, and then the refreshment (or soda package) at the going rate for that.

The people who called to get one beverage package and a refreshment package for their significant other, how much did you end up paying for the deluxe package?

We called, got 1 deluxe as a package with Voom....$55 per day (actual original deluxe package). Got refreshment for $26 per day. Few days later, saw that refreshment package went down to $18 online. Booked that and then cancelled original at $26. Everything looks good when boarding the Oasis of Seas.

We called, got 1 deluxe as a package with Voom....$55 per day (actual original deluxe package). Got refreshment for $26 per day. Few days later, saw that refreshment package went down to $18 online. Booked that and then cancelled original at $26. Everything looks good when boarding the Oasis of Seas.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

On symphony everything seems more expensive, refreshment package priced at $28.60 currently with no sale.

is there better deals on beverage packages once you board the ship? i keep getting emails offering discounts drink packages but it really doesn't seem like much of a deal

No, the best deals have been pre-cruise promos.

I understand that both adults in a cabin must purchase the Deluxe package under the new policy. Can you purchase and pay for one person at a time or must both be done together?

If you use Royal's website to purchase, it will automatically add the package to all adults 21 and over.