What are these and how do I book them?

Peckishpixie

hero-spa-default.jpgLast time I was on the Eurodam I had a great day at the spa and got to rest on these temperature controlled loungers and plunge in the very quite whirlpool. I read on here somewhere that you can get access to these amenities without booking a spa service. I I have another trip coming up and I can't figure out what to reserve. Holland keeps sending me a link to spa services, but I don't want to book a massage or anything. The massage was just like any other massage BUT THESE CHAIRS! hero-spa-default.jpg

Oh! So I can't pre-book them? Darn! So, where do I go to book it? I have only cruised Holland once and it seems to do things a little differently. Other lines seem to push you to buy everything in advance. Do I just run from place to place booking all the things or is there one central spot? (I also have a free meal at the specialty dining and obc I want to use for excursions that I can't book until I am on board) Will things fill up and I will miss them? I think if I have to choose between a free steak and these chairs I will run to get the chairs!

Oh! So I can't pre-book them? Darn! So, where do I go to book it? I have only cruised Holland once and it seems to do things a little differently. Other lines seem to push you to buy everything in advance. Do I just run from place to place booking all the things or is there one central spot? (I also have a free meal at the specialty dining and obc I want to use for excursions that I can't book until I am on board) Will things fill up and I will miss them? I think if I have to choose between a free steak and these chairs I will run to get the chairs!

You can pre-book it before your cruise but you do need to call HAL and they will give you the price for the cruise and reserve it for you. Give them your email and they will send you a confirmation (which I recommend you take with you).

Most of us wait until we are on board as there is usually an embarkation day "special". You just go to the spa to register for the use of the thermal chairs and pool.

The specialty dining reservation card will be in your cabin. Usually a dining time and date is assigned. Occasionally you may be advised to dial to reserve and/or if you want to try to change the reservation.

As you want to use OBC, you are right that you must wait until you are on board to book shore excursions. There will be the booklet with all the tours and prices in your cabin. You can choose and either drop off the request at the Shore Excursion desk or go to the Shore Excursion desk to reserve.

HAL does like it if you pre-book as do the other cruise lines, but, but, if one wants to use OBC then the only option is to wait until you are on the ship.

Some shore excursions can sell out. Depending on how much OBC you have, one option might be to use that OBC for your thermal chair use and pre-book any shore excursion that is important to you so you don't miss out.

Hope this helps.

I was wondering the same thing. I looked up the spa services specifically to find these chairs and general access the the thermal suite and I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know the approximate cost per day or week? Thanks!

On our recent 18 day Oosterdam cruise, it was $299 for one person or $399 per couple for a full cruise pass to the hydropool and thermal suites. I think I was there everyday!

Could you get the steak dinner delivered to the chair and do both?

An acoustic guitar playing gently in a corner and a glass of wine.

Sounds just about perfect.

Sandra

Are there only 6 chairs in the whole suite? What are the odds of going in there to use a chair and they're all taken?

I’ve never been unable to get one. If they seem a bit busy I hit the sauna or therapy pool for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We wound up booking a shore excursion we particularly wanted because it said , right in the site, 5 spaces left. So glad we did because it’s now sold out. If yours are “ limited capacity “ or showing as almost sold out, you may want to just bite the bullet and book ahead.

hero-spa-default.jpgLast time I was on the Eurodam I had a great day at the spa and got to rest on these temperature controlled loungers and plunge in the very quite whirlpool. I read on here somewhere that you can get access to these amenities without booking a spa service. I I have another trip coming up and I can't figure out what to reserve. Holland keeps sending me a link to spa services, but I don't want to book a massage or anything. The massage was just like any other massage BUT THESE CHAIRS! hero-spa-default.jpg

If you are ever on a Celebrity ship their version (called Persian Gardens) is I believe $10.00 for the chair pass per day, but unlimited for those in AQU class. There is also a one time free visit on a port day for those who reach a certain status/ days onboard.