Helicopter/Dog Sled Excursion-Where?

maryland

My husband and I are on the Statendam in Aug 2006 doing a northbound cruise stopping in Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, Icy Point and Seward. We really want to do this excursion. From what I've researched so far, it is an option for us in either Juneau or Seward. Is one place better than the other? I read that these excusions can get canceled due to weather. Is the liklihood of it being canceled out of Juneau greater than out of Seward? Which area is better for the glacier landing? Thanks for any help/input.

Juneau is the most canceled, and depending on when you are going late August may have the trips over. Godwin's is a long established company in Seward, but be certain to allow time here.

If you are on a cruisetour or taking cruise transfers you won't have time. And most here will highly recommend you spend the night and sail Kenai fjords- always a must do for me. :)

Archived