New to Celebrity - seeking pricing help

CA_Cruzing

Most South Florida Schools spring break is the third week in March. Families with children usually don’t take 10 day cruises during that time period. The younger demographics you are seeking will generally occur when children are out of school and traveling with their parents. The parents would be the demographics you are seeking. You have received great information on this CC board, enjoy your cruise.

Ouch! "very senior" is what we seek to avoid.

We are hoping that Celebrity attracts a more affluent crowd (self employed/business owners) that can take 10-12 days vacation.

DW is a teacher on a year-round schedule so she's off in March/early April. I run my own business so I take vacation when DW is available. We are hoping for more a mix in this demographic.

Again, nothing against mature folks. We just want to cruise with some people closer to our demographic.

We were on a 10 day cruise in September, and I don't think that it was very senior at all. It was a good mix of people, with some young couples in their 20's to people in their early 80's. I'd guess that the average age was probably 50's. We are in our 60's, and we met lots of people younger than us. It was a very active crowd.

Here in Va, our schools usually have spring break the first week in April. It does not necessarily coincide with Easter.

Seems like it should come down to whether or not your two bottles consumed in your cabin - an average of 1/2 glass per person per evening - really will meet your desires. In my opinion, it will not!

I agree the beverage package makes more financial sense.

On wine per day, we don’t drink every night. We tend to enjoy snorkeling when in the Carib and avoid drinking the night before a planned snorkeling excursion.

Six bottles over 10 days would be something we’ve never done.

I would estimate that on a 10 day cruise we’d consume 2-3 wine bottles and maybe a sparkling/bubbly bottle. Throw in a few bar drinks here and there and that’s usually enough for us.

On the classic package, are mimosas included? Where can I get more detailed info on each package’s full drinks list?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most South Florida Schools spring break is the third week in March. Families with children usually don’t take 10 day cruises during that time period. The younger demographics you are seeking will generally occur when children are out of school and traveling with their parents. The parents would be the demographics you are seeking. You have received great information on this CC board, enjoy your cruise.

Indeed. CC is a great resource and it’s very helpful in planning cruise vacations. Thank you for your info. It’s very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your help. We booked today for Mar 2019.

From your input, we chose the classic drinks package and the $150 OBC/pp.

Now we just need to learn the must-do's on Reflection and begin researching port activities.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.