Anyone Done American Express Tours In St Petersburgh?

rnladyr

Hi,

It's the American Express Cruise Division: 866 456-7709, or http://www.CruiseDivision.com. we speak to Patrick but the Travel Agents there are all great. I don't believe that the Land Tours are available just yet but you can check. If you send you email address I will send you last year's St. Petersburgh Tours. Sincerely, Rebecca

Thanks for the link to American Express Cruise Division. I found the tour page on the website with the excursion for 2005

http://www.cruisedivision.com/stPete/SstPeteExcursion.pdf

Julia

I looked at those pages and did not see much of a deal, only 3 museum/palaces plus a drive around the city. I think both DenRus and Red October pack a lot more in from reports on this board and my own tour. My ship, Star Princess, had a little more intensive tour for $339 last year but that is probably going to be a lot higher next season.

The first page says the tour company is Baltic Travel so why not go directly to them for a better price. Just like the ships, Amex probably takes a very big commission. I read that the ships take 60% of the price as their commission, so its probably the same with Amex.

When we signed up for the cruise last year we went to the family travel agent and got a decent price but when she tried to sell us shore excursions I asked a lot of questions and she was clueless about anything other than what was written in the pamplet she gave us. That is when I did a google search and found Cruise Critic and lots of great advice. Booking shore excursions through a travel agent like Amex is not smart, you pay more and get no information. So if you like this group tour contact Baltic travel directly.

Hi Julie

Thank you very much for the info on Baltic Travel. We had thought about the Baltic Cruise on the Star but it was quite a bit more expensive than Holland America but I did purchase a wonderful DVD which is posted on one of the Boards it is put together by one of the Tour Directors for the Baltic and Princess Cruises, his name is: John Lawrence title of the DVD: Baltic Treasures, it is so detailed you almost feel that you have been to all the places. He will be doing the pre cruise lectures on the Star this Summer in the Baltic. Rebecca

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Julie

I did purchase a wonderful DVD which is posted on one of the Boards it is put together by one of the Tour Directors for the Baltic and Princess Cruises, his name is: John Lawrence title of the DVD: Baltic Treasures, it is so detailed you almost feel that you have been to all the places. He will be doing the pre cruise lectures on the Star this Summer in the Baltic. Rebecca

Where did you find the information of the DVD? I'd like to order one. What are the "pre cruise" lectures and how do we find out about them? We're going to be on the Star Sept. 2

Archived