Snorkle on Disney's private island...

Twow

In the family areas, snorkeling and swimming are separate. You can snorkel in the snorkel lagoon portion of the beach only. It is a big area and the farther out you get, the more you see and the less crowded it is. You can also snorkel at Serenity Bay, the adult only area (if you are 18 or older). No, you may not snorkel in the swimming areas.

You definitely have access to the same snorkel area whether your equipment is your own or rented from DCL. To enter the snorkel area, you MUST be wearing a yellow snorkel vest which is provided to you at no charge--you can get one at Gil's (the outlet where you pick up rented equipment) or at most of the lifeguard stands...so no need to even go to Gil's if you bring your own stuff. You do NOT need to inflate the snorkel vest, but you must have it on your body. That is the only requirement in order to snorkel.

The snorkel experience is great for beginners and intermediates. It does not compare to snorkeling off a boat at a great reef area. DCL tried to plant artificial reefs, which were repeatedly ruined by hurricanes, etc. They do have a bunch of "stuff" in the water for you to see and there is a reasonable variety of fish. There is a "submarine," statues of Mickey and Minnie, etc. If you are looking for a super snorkel experience like you'd get in Grand Cayman or Curacao, this is not it. If your goal is a fun time, especially with family...lots of safety, life guards around, etc. that's the DCL snorkel experience.

So absolutely yes, the snorkel experience is the same whether you bring your own stuff or rent theirs. I've done it both ways--when driving and on Southwest, I bring our own. On another airline, I rent from DCL.

This is what to expect in snorkel area. I am a diver from Australia and have dived the Barrier Reef many times. It’s definitely not great for sea creatures but you will see them but great fun looking for the planted things. 0f10b4c2f19780687d0e28d2f9c73ed0.jpg

127250cd5a50cb8107ddfb7a44be299a.jpg

2616847b4fa42f3e6da6be7f19708b75.jpg

8fa20640a9a865dc4a0698043596b15a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great thanks. My kids are all doing it for the first time. Seeing Mickey under water will be exciting for them even if they see no fish. lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

There will be fish. They just won't be as exciting and varied as you'd see on a reef.

And your snorkel experience will be exactly the same whether you bring or rent equipment. Also, (it isn't advertised but has always been available), you can bring a mask and snorkel and just rent fins. That can help with the luggage issues.