*(%^&* need some last minute help!!

bubbadogmom

Long story short - I'm a single child in my 40's to 2 parents in their 70's. I've taken both on cruises individually.

I finally got a boyfriend - lol, and so a year and a half ago, I finally decided that I would like to do a FAMILY cruise with BOTH my parents. I booked the Vista - Havana cabin. So glad I did as I now see that they are very popular and it would be years to get another Havana cabin probably.

My mom did not purchase cancellation insurance as she didn't think that it would cover what she needed it for - which doesn't matter now, as it wasn't purchased.

We are now 6 days away from cruising and my 98 year old Grandfather, that my parents look after, still in his own home, has pneumonia. That was why we always did vacations separately so that one of them was available to take care of him if something happened. To be completely honest, when I booked this almost 2 years ago I wasn't ever sure he would still be with us. But of course he has been healthy as a horse until now.

There is no one else to take care of him, so it looks like my dad is going to have to stay home. I'm upset, but I understand why.

I explained to my parents that even if one of them does not go, they still have to pay full price for BOTH of them for that cabin. They understand.

Having never experienced anything like this before, I do have a few questions. Is there anything we should be doing? Do we call Carnival? Do we not? I'm afraid they will take the cabin away and it is next door to me. She will be too afraid to be moved to a room by herself somewhere not near us.

Thoughts, previous experience, suggestions?

Thank you......

Not sure this is applicable, but my credit card also has travel insurance on it. It is only valid for the trip if you used that card to purchase that trip. I have never used the card's insurance so I have no idea how it works, but you may want to look into it depending on how your parents purchased their cruise.