Question about FCC and cancelling?

Relatively new to cruising. So I have a 5 night Bermuda on Anthem sailing in April that I am 90% sure I will have to cancel. There are 2 guests. I am before final payment date and Royal told me over the phone that becasue it was a Non refundable deposit of $500, by cancelling I will forfeit $100pp fee and receieve the rest of the deposit ($300) as a FCC to be used within a year. However, when I initially booked this cruise, I called and had them apply a FCC from a cruise that was cancelled due to Irma in Septemeber.

If you cancel a cruise that had a FCC applied to it, will you get that back as well or fofeit it? I will try to call again when I can, but thought maybe someone knew the dealio with a situation like this clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Thanks in advance

Relatively new to cruising. So I have a 5 night Bermuda on Anthem sailing in April that I am 90% sure I will have to cancel. There are 2 guests. I am before final payment date and Royal told me over the phone that becasue it was a Non refundable deposit of $500, by cancelling I will forfeit $100pp fee and receieve the rest of the deposit ($300) as a FCC to be used within a year. However, when I initially booked this cruise, I called and had them apply a FCC from a cruise that was cancelled due to Irma in Septemeber.

If you cancel a cruise that had a FCC applied to it, will you get that back as well or fofeit it? I will try to call again when I can, but thought maybe someone knew the dealio with a situation like this clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Thanks in advance

You can move the FCC to another cruise, but you will still be limited by the original expiration date of that FCC.

Thanks in advance

The way I understood this as it applies to me also is that you will receive the penalty of $100 pp if you booked non refundable. The rest of the deposit goes towrad another cruise booked within 1 year. The credit you received for the cancelled cruise would be lost if you just cancelled. My TA said that I would not lose it if I just changed the ship and or date.