Packing for Western Caribbean RIGHT NOW - Help!!

It should be warm enough that you don't need a sweater during the day, but you may wish to have a sweater to wear while on the ship as it is very cool on board. My wife always brings a sweater to the dining room and the theatre.

We were just there this past week (returning yesterday). Costa Maya was drizzly and overcast. The day we were at Grand Cayman was hot, but the next day on the way back to Fort Lauderdale it was very windy and cool on the deck. I brought a fleece and wore it that day in the wind. I would make sure to bring a sweater. Plan for both warm and cool.

I was pleasantly surprised at just how warm it was while in Costa Maya and Grand Cayman. We were aboard the Legend the week of 12/3, and It was 86-87 degrees and sunny every day in each port of call. Downright HOT!! It made wonderful beach weather!! I'm not sure how you'll fare with the weather, but I'd take a sweater, just in case.

We were on the Radiance the week of 11/27. It was hot the first day at sea, it was hot in Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The last sea day on the way back to Miami it was a little cool and overcast some. We were told the week before it had rained all the time. I'm thlinking it is usually hot the first week of December but can rain at any time.

:) Grand Cayman should be OK, but nothing is guaranteed.

:mad: Costa Maya is a horse from another garage. It can be quite cool, especially if the sky is overcast.

:eek: We were there in February of this year, and people froze on deck, of course, they were from up north and figured it was all shorts and T-shirts.

:cool: It's also chilly when coming into port at the end of your cruise at this time of year.

Bring a light winter jacket and you should be OK.

Archived