Recent Sel de Mer Experiences?

trixiee

Any CC'ers with recent dining experiences with Sel de Mer care to comment?

I know food is so discretionary, and I may be opening up a can of worms.

On our upcoming Eurodam cruise, I see Sel de Mer is only available on what I would think will be the Gala night. Is that normal?

I have an intolerance to shellfish, my traveling companion absolutely adores seafood.

Ate there on Eurodam in December. Very disappointed.

Only good thing was few people elected to dine at Sel de Mer so service was very good.

DW had Dover sole; said it was terrible. Both had seafood tower that included baby shrimp; what no jumbo shrimp? I had beef, it was good. PM did bring a couple of small lobster tails to DW.

We dined eight other times between PG, Tamarind and Canelleto in 14 days and all times was very good to excellent

We've done it three times over two cruises on Kdam and also in October on Oosterdam. All four times we loved it! Food and Service was excellent!

On Oosterdam there were six of us and everyone had different Entrees (some had fish, some had meat). All six of us felt the same way and really enjoyed it! I don't remember what everyone ate but I had the lamb chops. We plan on doing the Pop-Up on Zuiderdam in April!

In our opinion, it is much better on Koningsdam with its dedicated space than the pop-up offered on other ships. It is a cozy, relaxing, wonderful experience on Koningsdam. It’s just a different menu (although good) in the PG on other ships.

Also...the entire menu is not offered in the pop-up version, so if there is something that you were looking forward to based on your experience on Koningsdam, you may be disappointed to find it not offered at the pop-up (I know I was).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums