Port Canaveral Offsite Parking

samsoccer26

Hello all-

I need some thoughts on cruisers who have used off site parking at Port Canaveral.

I have read good reviews on Park N Cruise, but since the hurricane they have gone down hill, plus only has valet option which I am not a fan of...

Park Port Canaveral is an option also but heard that if the main lot is full you park in a different lot (I think by Radisson hotel.)

Others like Go Port Canaveral, Lots of Honor also in the mix...

If anyone has used them (or other parking lots) recently especially since Irma, let me know what your thoughts Cruising in February so trying to figure this out soon! Thanks in advance. :)

used park n cruise in November with no complaints. Only difference I saw from previous times was the lack of the building! Not sure what you mean by the valet option .... it remains an OPTION. I didn't use it. (I even forgot to lock my car and had nothing missing when we got back from a week away ... and my car is a newer model and there was cash in side as well as a couple of pair of Ray Bans .... obviously no one messed with the car.)

Recent reports are Lots of Honor has gone under ... or sold out to Park n Cruise (allegedly if you call the old number you get forwared to PnC ... I have not verified). There's a new business reported on the site and I personally saw their vans parked out on SR-3 about half way to KSC .. in an otherwise empty lot looking unused.

Park Port Canaveral is unchanged for now but I'll mention that they use the parking lot of a building that has been empty ... BUT that building has been purchased and refub' / remodel is underway ... what happens when the new owner moves in and wants the parking lot back is an open question. Park Port Can' had a second lot near Ron Jon for a while ... no more last I noticed. They were originally associated with the Radisson (shared shuttles) dunno if association that still applies.

Here is the latest:

Lots of Honor is no more. Business closed.

The ParkNCruise facility is different now after the hurricane. The nice shelter area is gone and has not been replaced. They squeeze in as many vehicles as they need meaning some vehicles may be blocked in for a while at the end of the cruise.

ParkNCruise-Air-1.jpg

Park Port Canaveral has moved to their new facility with plenty of parking (next to the Radisson). Each vehicle gets an assigned parking spot on tarmac for easy in and out.

ParkPortCanaveral-Air-1.jpg

GoPortCanaveral and Beachline are still using the lot in front of the Doubletree. You may have to park on grass.

ParkGoPortCanaveral-Air-1.jpg

528 Port Park is still the same setup on grass and dirt/sand.

Park528-Air-1.jpg

CruiseTime is at the Mall on Merritt Island which is too far away for my liking considering their rates.

Cruisetime-Grass-Parking.jpg

used park n cruise in November with no complaints. Only difference I saw from previous times was the lack of the building! Not sure what you mean by the valet option .... it remains an OPTION. I didn't use it. (I even forgot to lock my car and had nothing missing when we got back from a week away ... and my car is a newer model and there was cash in side as well as a couple of pair of Ray Bans .... obviously no one messed with the car.)

Recent reports are Lots of Honor has gone under ... or sold out to Park n Cruise (allegedly if you call the old number you get forwared to PnC ... I have not verified). There's a new business reported on the site and I personally saw their vans parked out on SR-3 about half way to KSC .. in an otherwise empty lot looking unused.

Park Port Canaveral is unchanged for now but I'll mention that they use the parking lot of a building that has been empty ... BUT that building has been purchased and refub' / remodel is underway ... what happens when the new owner moves in and wants the parking lot back is an open question. Park Port Can' had a second lot near Ron Jon for a while ... no more last I noticed. They were originally associated with the Radisson (shared shuttles) dunno if association that still applies.

Hi Capt BJ -

Thanks so much for your input. I guess I worded it wrong, meaning required not option for valet. I read some reviews where people pulled up thinking it’s self park then they make them valet. As long as it is an option, I’m okay with that. I’d prefer self park.

Here is the latest:

The ParkNCruise facility is different now after the hurricane. The nice shelter area is gone and has not been replaced. They squeeze in as many vehicles as they need meaning some vehicles may be blocked in for a while at the end of the cruise.

ParkNCruise-Air-1.jpg

Park Port Canaveral has moved to their new facility with plenty of parking (next to the Radisson). Each vehicle gets an assigned parking spot on tarmac for easy in and out.

GoPortCanaveral and Beachline are still using the lot in front of the Doubletree. You may have to park on grass.

Park528-Air-1.jpg

CruiseTime is at the Mall on Merritt Island which is too far away for my liking considering their rates.

ParkNcruise - So is that all valet if some cars are blocked when coming back from your cruise? How else would you get your car out if it’s supposed to be self park?

Park Port Can. and Go Port Can.- Are they all fenced in and self park?

Thank you so much Joe! Lots of helpful info

Hi Capt BJ -

Thanks so much for your input. I guess I worded it wrong, meaning required not option for valet. I read some reviews where people pulled up thinking it’s self park then they make them valet. As long as it is an option, I’m okay with that. I’d prefer self park.

This MIGHT be the case if you drive up without a reservation/pre-pay ...... I've often seen the lot at overflow ......

but will repeat that living here and cruising from here for the last 10 years, it is my go-to place unless it is a short trip where I need to exit ASAP on the ship return (business meeting b4 10 on arrival day) (Mrs .... she has an office issue, not me) then we park at the port.

btw when I parked in Nov it appeared to me I was gonna be blocked in ..... when I returned absolutely not the case. It appears they know how to stack cars for different cruises / dates to ensure you are not blocked .....

perhaps a valid concern but NOT realized IME

have you SEEN a complaint of someone blocked it and having to wait?????

from the new pictures it would appear that Park Port Canaveral is no longer a fenced area ......

btw

I warned folks about lots of honor from the beginning ..... bad location from day one. Folks tried operating from this site several times, the last using the vet's hook ..... didn't work the first time or the last .... in other words "location, location, location" and they didn't have it ....

Edited by Capt_BJ

My 2 cents is this - we are lucky to have 3 (or 4) very good off-site options at Port Canaveral!

As this forums shows, the vast majority of folks are very happy with both Park Port Canaveral or Park 'N Cruise. And I've not noticed bad reviews from the very cheap GoPortCanaveral parking either.

Personally speaking, saving $40 or thereabouts when on a 7 night cruise (and less savings for shorter cruisers) is not enough to stand in lines with my family, ride two shuttles, park my car in the hot Florida sun or rain or risk it being scratched or dented in "valet-style" sardine parking! There is always a chance that your vehicle is the one parked somewhere on the lot where several vehicles must be moved on a busy day so you can leave!

That said, I will not argue with anyone looking to save as much money as possible when cruising!

Currently, just looking at how the off-site parking companies operate, it seems to me Park Port Canaveral has the closest best (safest?) setup for vehicles (individual spots on tarmac and not valet-style) and they are often a bit cheaper than Park N'Cruise. It is also nice to know you can walk over to use the Radisson facilities should you arrive early and so on. Just my personal observation however!

Lots of honor has a new address which is right next to park n go. That’s alll I know of that. I was parked at park n go during the hurricane when they got hit by a tornado! So much fun. And no, expecting a 7 day cruise and getting a 10 day cruise isn’t fun especially when your homes were hit by said hurricane. Lesson learned no more cruising during hurricane season and I am a 30+ cruiser.

From what I know park n go and Park Port Canaveral are now 10.95. Port parking is 136$ so I’d rather pay the extra. We were held on big tour bus waiting for it to fill before we left at park n go. It was an hour. Not worth my time to wait to get on that ship! It was cheaper in sept that made it cost effective.

park n cruise address is 1700 sea ray drive

lots of honor website now lists their address as 1680 sea ray drive (formerly on US1 in Cocoa)

here's what Google Maps says ...

enhance

if in Google Maps and click on the icon for LofH it shows the address as 1700. Click website and it goes to LofH site with 1680 addr. Click on the 'photo' button and it shows pictures of Park n Cruise shuttles, fenced parking and the no longer standing building ...

you may draw your own conclusions ....

Edited by Capt_BJ

I agree with Capt

1. I visited Park'NCruise just a week ago and there were no signs for LotsofHonor anywhere. I did not see any land being developed for parking either.

2. LOH Facebook page has not been updated since Aug 2017 and it still shows their address as Route 1 (the old parking lot they vacated). One would think a serious company would keep their Facebook business page current when a major address change occurs!

3. Perhaps LOH changed their business model and are "renting" a few parking spaces at ParkNCruise which they sell for cheaper than Park'Cruise? This kind of arrangement is done at Port Everglades by others so maybe LOH is trying it at Canaveral. But this makes no sense to me - if you can park at ParkNCruise, use ParkNCruise shuttles and pay less via LOH then why would anyone book directly with ParkNCruise any longer?

4. The LOH website is very vague and they have not updated their blog since July 2017. Why not explain the changes to their customers in clear language?

5. Their online map location in their booking engine shows their location in the Atlantic Ocean about 100 miles west of Gabon in Africa!!! Go figure! C'mon man!

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 3 weeks later...
Just got back from a cruise on the Magic and parked at "Lots of Honor". We paid the Lots of Honor price online and had no issues at all. Our car was parked in the Park N Cruise lot and we rode the Park N Cruise shuttle.

Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why ANYONE will ever book direct with Park N Cruise again?

You pay $20 less for a 7 day cruise with LOH yet you get the same parking lot and shuttle service than the PNC customers?

I am speechless....

Just got back from a cruise on the Magic and parked at "Lots of Honor". We paid the Lots of Honor price online and had no issues at all. Our car was parked in the Park N Cruise lot and we rode the Park N Cruise shuttle.

Was there an option for valet or self park?

I asked PnC what's up with the two names and prices ....

We encourage constant feedback of our services and your experiences, and it sounds like we've kept you coming back for more! Let me start by saying how much we appreciate you returning to us with your business, and that I would like to clarify any confusion or concern you may have regarding this recent adjustment. Lots of Honor was a family run business, just like our own. The owner of Lots of Honor ran a Veterans' Benefit Program through his company, in which a portion of his reservation revenue went straight to a Veterans' Fund! Unfortunately, he recently had to shut down his business. We got wind of this news, and reached out to the owner to devise a plan to continue his support to our veterans, whom we love and appreciate so dearly. The end result is as follows: Lots of Honor could not afford to continue operating as an independent company; we allotted Lots of Honor a number of parking spots at our facility; Lots of Honor is permitted to advertise their parking at the rate they wish, regardless of the current rate at Park-N-Cruise; Park-N-Cruise and Lots of Honor are still independently advertised, as it is still two separate companies. This teaming together has allowed our kind-hearted neighbors at Lots of Honor to continue their support programs for our veterans, even though they were unable to stay in business. You are free to book through Lots of Honor, or Park-N-Cruise! Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the cheaper rate! :) Your final destination will be the same from here on out, regardless of whether you reserve through Lots of Honor or Park-N-Cruise (1700 Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island, FL). You will also continue to receive the service and support that has kept us running strong at five stars! I hope this information relieves you of any hesitance, as it is not our goal to try and stoop our customers! If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 321-454-2500. Our staff is always standing by to serve you, and can assist in any matter regarding Park-N-Cruise or Lots of Honor!

A sep' reply from another person said essentially the same thing but also noted:

Basically, anyone can book from Lots of Honor, however; they are limited on space availability...so when they are booked up, they will show No Availability on those particular days.

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, SteerageJoe said:

Here is the latest:

ParkNCruise-Air-1.jpg

Park528-Air-1.jpg

I have used 528 Port Park once in the past with no complaints but, I found a company called Port Canaveral Valet where its $99 no matter how long your cruise and they wash your car. Have you ever heard of them? I have been trying to find reviews on them.

5 minutes ago, browneyedangel74 said:

I have used 528 Port Park once in the past with no complaints but, I found a company called Port Canaveral Valet where its $99 no matter how long your cruise and they wash your car. Have you ever heard of them? I have been trying to find reviews on them.

The concept is a good one! Makes one wonder why not more local businesses with parking space offer similasr services.

It is a new service. It IS the closest off-site parking at the Port for sure!

I will check them out probably this weekend and post photos!

• Like 1

https://www.portcanaveralvalet.com/

connect with your valet attendant at the world famous Parker Brothers Concepts Museum. 

• FREE 24 Hour Secured Parking
  • Valet Service - In / Out
  • Exterior Car Wash 
  • Free Admission for 2 at the Parker Brothers Concepts Museum located In Port Canaveral. (Redeemable at the beginning or end of your vacation)

don't ask me to explain the "free" .... I'm just doing cut and paste

you can park for as low as $8/day at other sites ..... suggests to me this museum ain't doing well!!

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

https://www.portcanaveralvalet.com/

connect with your valet attendant at the world famous Parker Brothers Concepts Museum. 

• FREE 24 Hour Secured Parking
  • Valet Service - In / Out
  • Exterior Car Wash 
  • Free Admission for 2 at the Parker Brothers Concepts Museum located In Port Canaveral. (Redeemable at the beginning or end of your vacation)

don't ask me to explain the "free" .... I'm just doing cut and paste

you can park for as low as $8/day at other sites ..... suggests to me this museum ain't doing well!!

It's been explained to me that parking is indeed FREE!

You pay $99 for

1. the valet (shuttle service to/from the port) which I assume is private for your party but I will find out soon enough.

2. Car wash

3. Museum entry

Other maintenance cost extra (maybe an oil change, etc). They have a workshop at the back of the building.

I've never seen much visitor traffic at Parkers so I assumed revenue come from building things for the movie industry but I think that business probably dried up. Hence the "new" parking business plan.

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 1

Parker Brothers (museum included) looked closed and locked up to me when I drove by yesterday. Saw no cars parked there on a busy cruise day.

I have doubts about this parking. Hopefully I am wrong but I will look again next weekend. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, SteerageJoe said:

Parker Brothers (museum included) looked closed and locked up to me when I drove by yesterday. Saw no cars parked there on a busy cruise day.

I have doubts about this parking. Hopefully I am wrong but I will look again next weekend. 

Thanks for keeping us posted and informed. Everyone looks for the best deal but, the best place for their vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...