St. John and St. Thomas

sunlovernw

Will be stopping in St. Thomas 1/24/18 on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I have searched for hours online looking for info regarding St. John at Trunk Bay. We are thinking of not doing a cruise excursion and going there on our own, but would like UPDATED info regarding availability of taxis from the port (Crown Bay) to the ferry, and then taxi availability from the ferry to Trunk Bay, if the facilities (lockers, snorkel rentals, restrooms) are up and running at Trunk Bay, and if the snorkeling is good since the hurricanes. Also, where would be the best place to rent snorkel equipment and a price list? Heard we need to bring cash, so it would be helpful to know how much we need. Something else I can't find is regarding Paradise Point in St. Thomas. Will they be running the gondola-type cars up the hill by then? Any help on current info and/or where I need to go to find this info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Taxis are running from the cruiseport area to red hook where you would catch the ferry to st john. the ferries are running hourly now. We did not snorkel this trip, so I cannot comment on that. the restrooms are not up and running, we heard they were waiting for parts or something having to do with the water system. there were port a potties there. there was a place there to rent snorkel stuff, not sure on cost,etc. we rented a jeep and went all over the island--great day!! not very many people on the island yet. They are trying real hard to get things up and running!! we had a fantastic lunch right at cruz bay near the st john spice co--sorry, cannot remember the name but sat outside with another couple and had great food!! we heard the paradise point will not be working for awhile--it suffered damage during the hurricanes. yes, the damages are very visible, but things are growing and getting greener by the day!! any questions, you can email me...

Taxis are running from the cruiseport area to red hook where you would catch the ferry to st john. the ferries are running hourly now. We did not snorkel this trip, so I cannot comment on that. the restrooms are not up and running, we heard they were waiting for parts or something having to do with the water system. there were port a potties there. there was a place there to rent snorkel stuff, not sure on cost,etc. we rented a jeep and went all over the island--great day!! not very many people on the island yet. They are trying real hard to get things up and running!! we had a fantastic lunch right at cruz bay near the st john spice co--sorry, cannot remember the name but sat outside with another couple and had great food!! we heard the paradise point will not be working for awhile--it suffered damage during the hurricanes. yes, the damages are very visible, but things are growing and getting greener by the day!! any questions, you can email me...

Thanks for your response and information. Looks like you were there last month. I spoke to someone at Princess yesterday and they were able to confirm that Paradise Point is up and running now and close an hour before the cruise ship leaves port. Good to know the taxis and ferry boats are running. Sounds like the place to get lunch would be at Cruz Bay since there won't be anything at Trunk Bay. Thanks again! 1 week to go before our cruise!:cool: We're excited and looking forward to the trip!