Naples/Arzano

amevola

Good morning,

My husband's grandmother was from Arzano which is just outside Naples. I would like to surprise him with a visit to Arzano this fall when we dock.

I am looking for the best way to do this. Any quick thoughts I can take and run with?

Thanks!

The closest train station is to Arzano Casoria-Afragola, which is two miles away (plus or minus, depending on where in Arzano you are headed). It's a pretty good sized train station and there should be taxis there, or if you're really adventurous you could take a bus from the Casoria-Afragola station to Arzano.

Another option is the CTP bus to Arzano. The map on the bus line's web site shows it departing from Piazza Municipio, which would be fantastic since that's right across from the cruise port: http://www.ctp.na.it/cartina.asp?LINEA=M21

However, in looking at the bus line timetable it doesn't go all the way to Municipio. The closest point to the cruise port for this bus is at Piazza Carlo III, which is a little harder to get to but probably easier in the long run than getting to the train station in Naples and then from the train station in Casoria to Arzano.

Edited by euro cruiser

The closest train station is to Arzano Casoria-Afragola, which is two miles away (plus or minus, depending on where in Arzano you are headed). It's a pretty good sized train station and there should be taxis there, or if you're really adventurous you could take a bus from the Casoria-Afragola station to Arzano.

Another option is the CTP bus to Arzano. The map on the bus line's web site shows it departing from Piazza Municipio, which would be fantastic since that's right across from the cruise port: http://www.ctp.na.it/cartina.asp?LINEA=M21

However, in looking at the bus line timetable it doesn't go all the way to Municipio. The closest point to the cruise port for this bus is at Piazza Carlo III, which is a little harder to get to but probably easier in the long run than getting to the train station in Naples and then from the train station in Casoria to Arzano.

Thank you for the quick reply!. I have no specific plan yet, but at least I have a plan for getting there. :D

Edited by amevola
What I wrote didn't make sense.