A "Dolphins Fan" Cruise??

YellowDog

Well as it turns out our Seaside cruise on 3/17/18 has become a "Dolphins Fan" cruise. First, I don't particularly care...but thought it was a little weird to change it to a theme cruise AFTER final payment. I'd be pretty upset if the theme was something I didn't like. But the real question is: Does anyone have any info on what this cruise will entail? Did any of you book it BECAUSE it was a fan theme cruise?

Well as it turns out our Seaside cruise on 3/17/18 has become a "Dolphins Fan" cruise. First, I don't particularly care...but thought it was a little weird to change it to a theme cruise AFTER final payment. I'd be pretty upset if the theme was something I didn't like. But the real question is: Does anyone have any info on what this cruise will entail? Did any of you book it BECAUSE it was a fan theme cruise?

We had this on the Divina in February after booking found our the half the ship had become a charter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why are you upset? they will not bother you and yes people will book it because they are Dolphin fans.

Where did you hear this?

Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas March 2017

MSC Seaside March 2018

Why are you upset? they will not bother you and yes people will book it because they are Dolphin fans.

I'm not upset...While not a Dolphins fan, I do like football and I think my son might get a kick out of it, especially if he gets to meet players. I only wanted to know what kinds of activities might be involved and that someone who booked it specifically because it was a fan cruise might have more info.

I did find it odd that the theme would be announced so close to the sailing and after final payment was do, and can understand why someone may be turned off by that.

Where did you hear this?

MSC Seaside March 2018

It was mentioned (at all places) on the live feed of the naming ceremony in Miami. Dan Marino was there to promote the new relationship between MSC and the Dolphins. It was then confirmed by a few people on a FB group who booked this cruise because they are Dolphin fans.

It was mentioned (at all places) on the live feed of the naming ceremony in Miami. Dan Marino was there to promote the new relationship between MSC and the Dolphins. It was then confirmed by a few people on a FB group who booked this cruise because they are Dolphin fans.

I found it on their website last night, too. It doesn’t look too crazy. Just some players and cheerleaders on board with meet/photo opportunities

MSC Seaside March 2018

My guess is that it was a Dolphins theme cruise from the start, but they just didn't make a big thing of telling people about it. MSC tends to do somewhat "quiet" theme cruises. I sailed on Poesia in 2012 and found myself onboard with a few former MLB players and coaches who did Q&As and autograph sessions. MSC does these baseball cruises at least once a year, and they generally don't publicize them very heavily. (Hardly anyone on my sailing knew about it.) If this is anything like that, it won't be too in-your-face. Then again, it could be different since Seaside is geared toward North Americans instead of Europeans, and the ship is leaving from the port where the team is based, which will obviously make it more popular. Will you report back after your sailing? Curious to know how it goes.

We will be on this cruise also and this is the first I have heard about this. My husband will be tickled to see some players. We were on an RCI cruise a year or so ago that had a Steelers group on board. We were a bit worried about rowdiness, but no problems at all. There were between 50 and 100 people (everyone knew who they were by all the Steelers garb). All of their activities were private events. I never saw any fun areas of the ship closed off or any drunken loud behavior. I feel like with Seaside being such a huge ship, you probably will never even notice. See you onboard and Happy Sailing!