Ft. Lauderdale Car Rental

Oots

Is there a car rental company that will drive cruise passengers to the Port Everglades terminal after dropping off a car at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport?

Thanks for any info. This is my first post! :)

Thrifty and Budget both have off airport locations adjacent to Port entrances and run shuttles to the Port from there. Budget's is at the "Quay" strip mall just oposite the north entrance on SE 17th. Thrifty is at 2400 Miami Rd, adjacent to the Midport entrance. Shuttles can get busy, though. Taxi from the airrport is quick and cheap.

I don't think that anyone runs shuttles to the Port from the new in airport rental facility.

Local experts like TrentS and Bequia may be able to shed more light on this.

Richard

Thanks for the info. Guess none of the rental car agencies supply free transportation from their airport locations to the port. I think Avis used to do it. We will be in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days prior to our cruise and will be dropping off our rental car before getting on the ship.

Oots

hi,i apoke to enterprise yesterday. if you rent from the airpot, you can retur to the everglades office,no extravfee and theybwill take bto port, no fee.

Did they happen to tell you where the Everglades office was? :rolleyes:

I am renting a car from thrifty- they have a drop off-pick up a few miles downt he road. when i made the reservation the gave me a telphone number for the shuttle to pick us up when we arrive. its a free shuttle

Did they happen to tell you where the Everglades office was? :rolleyes:

Bequia, I'm shocked you don't know where that is! You go west, turn left at the big snake, then it's just past the 3rd alligator on the right. ;)

Joking aside, I'll assume you mean PORT Everglades Miler Higher, but there is no Enterprise (or any other rental car company) office IN Port Everglades. They do however have TWO locations both very near Port Everglades in addition to the FLL Airport location. They may or may not shuttle you from both locations, but you'll want to make sure you know which one you'll be returning to.

When referring to things in South Florida or most major metropolitan areas, keep in mind that there are a LOT of EVERYTHING in most cases - Addresses and websites help a lot. ;)

Trents, you crack me up. :D

Do you remember a while back a post about a car rental agency that had advertised a branch at Port Everglades but the address where the agency was located was actually at FLL? I thought Enterprise was that agency but their web site does not reflect that. What is interesting though is that the phone number Mile Hiler provided comes back to the National Car rental desk at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort (hmmm, the plot thickens :p ) as well as the 6th Ave location.

Mile Hiler, do yourself a favor and call the location directly to confirm they will take you to the port, (get a name of who you speak with). Do not rely on the rental companys 800# operators, sometimes the information they give you is not accurate. If you get a no fee ride to the port you did good. ;)

Enterprise Location:change dotBlank.gifdotBlank.gifdotBlank.gifdotBlank.gif3025 SE 6TH AVE

FT LAUDERDALE, FL 33316-4025

Tel.: (954) 318-2814

We'll Pick You Up! ®

i spoke to them yesterday. Not sure what number YOU dialed!!

I spoke to Christina, who told me to get the car at FLL and return to the above address.

Sorry if anyone get confused, I will keep to my self!!!:cool:

Mile, no need to keep to yourself, no confusion. Apparently they're connected with the Marriott Harbor Beach concierge desk, automatic call forwarding. It looks like a good deal for you and I learned something new as well. Thanks for sharing. ;)

If you enter the number on a Google web search it comes up with this link http://gamewell-fci.com/adc-resortinfo.htm if you scroll down under Transportation this is what it says "]Enterprise is located at the resort's concierge desk to accommodate your car rental needs, phone 954-318-2814."

Just found the answer to my own question. Thrifty Car Rental provides free shuttle service from their off-airport location in Ft. Lauderdale at 2400 Miami Rd. to the cruise ship terminal. We will be renting at the airport and dropping off at Miami Rd.

Thanks to all who responded.

Oots

Archived