Contacting special needs?

crzycick

My tablet isn’t getting along with Carnival’s FAQs, would anyone be willing to share how to contact the special needs department? I am way overdue contacting them.

Is there anything they might be able to help with that I am unaware of? My son is turns 5 the week after we get back and he’s autistic. I’ve heard there is a waiting area in Galveston for people with disabilities that I want to ask about. Not to cut the lines, but possibly a less chaotic area to wait our turn and my MIL might also need wheelchair assistance. I want to ask about the muster drill because the old days of standing out on the deck like sardines won’t work for him, sitting inside would-I’m not looking to skip it. I also want to make sure only our family is together at dinner so we don’t disrupt strangers and prefer an area of the dining room that isn’t so in the open. A corner or face him towards a wall or something to cut the visual noise. I heard there was a form I could fill out ahead of time to prepare the kids staff of his needs so I wanted to ask about that. Is there anything else they can do to help ease this trip for him, us, and the staff?

Here’s the link for CCL’s FAQ. Click Children with Disabilities and scroll down for the contact info.

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

CCL’s SRI

https://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/pdf/SRIFRM_012809.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My tablet isn’t getting along with their FAQs. They won’t show for me for some reason, some kind of error. But thank you for trying to help me.

I copy and pasted this from the Carnival website for you:

-------------------------------------------------------

Children with disabilities are welcome in our youth programs. Youth program rules, including those related to hours, illness, the administration of medication, and unacceptable behavior while in the program, apply to all children. Children who are less than one year older than a given Carnival youth program age group may move down into the younger age group. Further exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Guests 18 years or older, with or without disabilities, are not allowed to participate at all in the program, as they are legally adults.

In order to participate in any Carnival youth program activities, the parent or legal guardian will need to complete a registration form. You will also be given a special-needs checklist, which will help the youth staff in determining how to best serve your child while participating in the activities.

Although we do not provide one-on-one attention, the parent, legal guardian, or assigned care giver is welcome to stay and participate with the child during activity times, if necessary. A beeper or phone will be provided to the adult responsible for the child, if needed.

The youth staff may not administer any medication and/or needles (with the exception of epi-pens) to any child participating in the Carnival youth program. Additionally, no medications (with the exception of epi-pens), diabetic testing equipment, nebulizers, and inhalers are permitted in the facilities.

Should a child still be in diapers and is older/bigger than what the diaper changing table can accommodate, the adult responsible for the child will be called to assist. Youth staff cannot lift children with mobility limitations.

Supervised lunch with youth staff is scheduled for children ages 2-11 years old, during port days only. Supervised dinner with youth staff is scheduled nightly (except embarkation night) for children ages 2-11 years old. Since the youth staff is not able to provide one-on-one assistance, children will need to be able to feed themselves. In the event a child needs to be fed, the adult responsible for the child may remain with him/her during dinner, or dine with the child elsewhere and them bring them back to youth activities.

Special diets cannot be accommodated for meals served in Carnival youth programs. Kids' menus are subject to change based on availability.

If you need general information about accessibility before you cruise, or have an ADA complaint, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 or email access@carnival.com. Carnival's designated ADA Responsibility Officer is Vicky Rey, Vice President Guest Care and Port Services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if you can get it to load on your tablet, here is the link to the special needs form to fill out before the cruise:

https://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/pdf/SRIFRM_012809.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is helpful in some way!

Edited by ScottyZkaaayk
Adding link

Hello my son is also 5 and has autism carnival was more than willing to accommodate my son I was recently on the Conquest and they were amazing since my son doesn’t do that well with noise carnival Allowed us to stay in a more quiet area for the muster drill and also accommodated is embarkation and debarking