Cadiz to Seville

dss22

We will be on a ship that docks in Cadiz this coming July. We are there overnight, and would like to make sure that we get to Seville on the first day, knowing that we won't have to be stressed to get back to the ship. (We are planning to do a shore excursion to Cordoba on the second day.)

What is the best way to get to Seville on our own from Cadiz? We are fine with lots of walking and public transportation, if that is possible. Would love to hear what people have done and how it's worked out! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have not done that route myself, but looking on the Renfe site, the train takes around 1 hr 40 minutes and it looks like there are just under one train an hour. Not sure what time you get in to Cadiz.

If you search July right now, you may not see many trains available because they do not post all of the trains so far in advance. If you search the same date in February I am sure you will see more trains available and the sort of costs. I don't always find the Renfe site the most user-friendly, but that is a pretty straightforward route so I think that you should be able to buy tickets ahead of time.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be on a ship that docks in Cadiz this coming July. We are there overnight, and would like to make sure that we get to Seville on the first day, knowing that we won't have to be stressed to get back to the ship. (We are planning to do a shore excursion to Cordoba on the second day.)

What is the best way to get to Seville on our own from Cadiz? We are fine with lots of walking and public transportation, if that is possible. Would love to hear what people have done and how it's worked out! Thank you!

I took the bus. You can walk to the station from the port. You can also walk to the train station. The bus had better times. I think the bus trip was shorter. Buy a return bus ticket. When you return from Seville, go to the ticket booth and reserve a seat on the bus. There is an information booth where someone speaks English and they told me to do this. Then you get in line for the bus.

In my case, I stayed overnight in a hotel in Seville. I returned the next afternoon.

Many cruisers did not reserve a seat. They told me the next day that there were too many people for the bus and they had to wait for the next bus. Some cruisers whose ship was departing and not staying overnight, had to take a taxi back. They did not have enough time to wait for the next bus!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I took the bus. You can walk to the station from the port. You can also walk to the train station. The bus had better times. I think the bus trip was shorter. Buy a return bus ticket. When you return from Seville, go to the ticket booth and reserve a seat on the bus. There is an information booth where someone speaks English and they told me to do this. Then you get in line for the bus.

In my case, I stayed overnight in a hotel in Seville. I returned the next afternoon.

Many cruisers did not reserve a seat. They told me the next day that there were too many people for the bus and they had to wait for the next bus. Some cruisers whose ship was departing and not staying overnight, had to take a taxi back. They did not have enough time to wait for the next bus!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Took the ships bus and then we were on our own until time to return. A long ride but worth it to see Seville. Beautiful city.